Thursday, October 12, 2023

SMACK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE COOK DAY!!!

 I am a happy camper right now.  It is 2:30.  The turkey is sizzling away in the turkey roaster that I have owned forever.  I do believe I bought it in Woolco in Kamloops a million years ago.  It was 19.99.  Now they are a ridiculous price!!!  And the house is full of yummy smells!

I am in heaven.  I have cleaned, finished the table, got the sweet potatoes covered in salted caramel and ready for the oven.  The Brussels are all olive oiled, nestled with crispy bacon in the cast iron ready to be cooked.  The bottom of the steamer is full of carrot circles and the top part is full of petit pois waiting to be steamed.  The crock pot is full of the left over stuffing. The caesar salad is all prepped and ready.  And I am about to cut up ten pounds of spuds.  Like I said I am happy.

  The sad part is that when it's time to eat, I can't.  I am never able to eat properly right when I finish cooking.  But I load my plate up, take a gluttonous picture and make sure the dishes people don't throw it out.  I eat it later.  Jeez it smells good!!!

I think I mentioned my left butt cheek is horribly sore, to the point I may want to tell the doctor.  Maybe.  Yesterday it got to the point where I couldn't do anything but sit in my chair...and that hurt like hell.  I finally did something I never ever do.  I took pain killers.  Two extra strength tylenol and two extra strength aspirin.  One hour later I was dancing!!!  Holy Dinah!!  What a difference and what's more it has lasted til about now and it's only a 2 to yesterday's ten.  Go figure!

Well I gotta get back to potatoes.  My mind is already on New Years dinner.  Prime rib and yorkies and all the trimmings.  If we can afford it by then!  I shall be back later with pics.

Dinner didn't turn out quite what I was expecting.  Ange was a huge help.  She ended up cutting up all the spuds and then she helped dish up the food and get it on the table.  By then I was in a tired fog.  Dinner was good but the star of the dinner, the stuffing, didn't have any flavour.  I put over a half of one of those envelopes of poultry seasoning in it, double my normal amount, but there was no flavour. And it wasn't an old poultry seasoning either.  

The guests weren't happy either.  One was suffering a panic attack and anxiety to the point where he left and more than half of his food wasn't eaten.  The other guest was telling her current life story and ended up crying.  Only one at the table finished her food!  The only way I can describe the dinner is that it was 'off' on all levels.  (shovel list)

Anywhoooo, it has been quiet since.  I am going to go dig an extra turkey out of the freezer outside and cook another one.  There were no leftovers from the first one.  It was disappointingly small.  And as Monte says he can sit down with any size turkey and eat the whole thing!  So another turkey is needed.  I shall try to put a couple of pics below.  TTYL

'If I were invited to a dinner party with my characters, I wouldn't show up.'    Dr. Seuss 

THE OLD TURKEY ROASTER...HAS NEVER MADE A BAD TURKEY...EVER AND THERE HAVE BEEN A LOT OF THEM.  ALLOWS ME TO BUY THE CHEAP, REALLY CHEAP, TURKEYS AT WALMART RATHER THAN THE HUNDRED DOLLAR FOO FOO ONES.

ALL COOKED.  I COULD BROWN IT UP IN THE OVEN BUT BY THE TIME THE KITCHEN CHAIN SAW IS THROUGH WITH IT YOU WOULD NEVER KNOW..A WASTE OF TIME

THE TURKEY WAS STUFFED WITH THE DINNER STUFFING.  THIS EXTRA IS FOR THE LEFTOVER CASSEROLES FOR THE FREEZER.

CANDIED YAMS ALL READY TO GO

STUPID BRUSSELS.  AFTER ALL THAT WORK I FORGOT THEM IN THE OVEN AND THEY BURNT TO A CRISP


THERE WE ALL ARE, ALL SET TO TO TUCK IN.  THAT IS DEF A WINNERS SET TABLE.  THE PLATES, BOWLS, TERRA COTTA BOWLS AND MATCHING LITTLE ONES, THE CASSEROLE DISHES....ALL WINNERS OVER THE YEARS.

YUMMMMMM..THE GLUTTONOUS OVERLOADED PLATE THAT I ATE LATER IN THE EVENING, I LOVE CONGEALED COLD TURKEY DINNER, IT'S ABOUT THE ONLY WAY I HAVE EVER EATEN A TURKEY DINNER

NO ROOM ON THE TABLE FOR THE SALAD AFTER WE ALL DISHED IT UP




No comments:

Post a Comment