Friday, June 14, 2024

HOME AGAIN JIGGITY GJIG

Well I am back in my little neck of the woods, otherwise known as Butt f*ck  BC.  And I am happy to be here.  That big city isn't for me I tell ya!  Too many nasty people and bad bad drivers.  One never feels really safe.

The first thing we did was go out for dinner.  I simply didn't feel like cooking.  I was so tired.  So off to Smitty's we went, my fave slop shop.  We had such a nice time, catching up on all that happened whilst apart.

I thought Floppy might forget me.  He hasn't been here all that long.  But he went crazy!  There is no doubt he remembered me.  I missed him!  I don't even like animals but I actually really missed him.  Jeez.  Getting soft in my old age!

Second thing that needed doing was a different bag of dog food.  And you know what?  I am not going into the details of why.  Just mentioning it because it meant a trip to Nanaimo.  We had such a good trip.  I love Costco.  Got a few things and a bag of dog food that was half the price of what we get here or on Amazon.  

I have to mention Monte here.  Don't tell him!!!  He has turned the health leaf!!!!  When he makes his mind up nothing dissuades him!!!  He is losing weight, eating healthy, walking at least five kilometres a day, if not 15, with the dog.  It's amazing!!!  I am pretty proud of him.  Tonight he is charcoal bbqing cod and prawns.  I am going to make a tomato salad.  Healthy!!!

I talked with Harry next door forever this morning.  I and he were out doing garbage.  He has a son who would be in his late or mid forties.  He is a biggun!  And he smokes.  He lives in Courtenay but he is here at his Dad's quite a bit.  Hanging over the fence at 6:30 am we got talking about type 2 diabetes.  Harry has it.  But typical old dude (same age as me) doesn't know squat about any science to it.  So of course I started to teach him.  I must say he really sucked it up, or pretended to.

So he told me that his daughter, who lives across the valley here, decided to check her brother's blood sugar.  Keep in mind if it goes higher than 6 Dr.s have a jeesly fit.  Apparently he lives on poutine.  This is the guy I mentioned way back that coughs up a lung every morning.  I thought he had covid the first time I heard him.

Well his blood sugar was FORTY SIX!!!!!!  He should be in a coma!!!  Poor Harry.  He is so fed up with his son but worried sick as well.

I have a lovely little rose bush I am babying along.  It was here when I moved in.  Stan dug it up and took it for Antonia to replant at her place.  But clearly he didn't get it all because what he missed is in full bloom out there.  Beautiful big yellow roses.  Or I should say WAS in bloom.  The freaking deer came by last night and ate the blooms.  I hate those damned dear.  We have anti deer spray.  Time to go out and respray.

Tonight while the coals are getting ready, Monte is going to haul the Adirondacks down the stairs to the lawn.  There are three of them.  Dead Bob built them years ago.  I wrote that yesterday...we didn't bbq. We used the skillet in the house.  So chairs today.

I bought an outdoor plasticky type rug I am putting down out there.  We will arrange the chairs and a table down there in the shade of the tin barn.  It gets too hot to sit on the deck and we want to keep an eye on Floppy when he is out running in the yard  Thus a coffee spot.  The chairs are feather light so we can easily pull them into the sun should we like. I did try to hire someone back when I first moved here to build me a patio but typical Port, he bailed.  So an outdoor rug it is.  Sure cheaper!!!!

Well I shall wind it up here.  There is a lot to do on my list.  Firstly the kitchen and dining room table from that amazing dinner Monte made last night.  Then the deck.  Sigh.  Always the deck.  (shovel list). So I best go get to it!!!!  TTYL

'Housework, if done properly, can cause brain damage.'  Erma Bombeck.  looking back at my life, I can sure see where I got my brain damage from!

MONTE'S DINNER

I PUT TWO YEAR OLD APRIL IN THE JOLLY JUMPER TO KEEP TWO MONTH OLD MONTE ENTERTAINED

MY PRETTY MOM AND BABY KEVIN

BILL'S BROTHER FRANK AND A COUPLE FISH WE CAUGHT, WE WERE STANDING IN FRONT OF THE RATTY OLD TRAILER WE LIVED IN WHILE WE BUILT THE LOG HOUSE.  I LOVED THERE!!!!

MY MOTHER WITH AN AXE IN ONE HAND AND A FLAPPING CHICKEN IN THE OTHER. ABOUT TO WHACK IT'S HEAD OFF, POOR ARYN WAS TRAUMATIZED.  DINNER WAS DELICIOUS.




 


No comments:

Post a Comment