Sunday, June 23, 2024

NEW STOVE TIME

 I have put a bid in on a stove.  A couple of years ago I bought a new stove.  A Samsung. April bought the identical stove.  We hate them.  I mean HATE them.  Everything is wrong about that stove.  It takes forever to boil water.  It won't turn down properly, stays hot and burns or overcooks everything.  The black labelling around the dials has worn off.  It's a glass top...useless piece of crap.

And now I have discovered that you can't use a heavy canner on a glass top without taking a chance of cracking and breaking the top.  And that was the last straw.

I went on Marketplace and found a retro, never been used, 70's coil stove for sale.  And a bonus?  It is avocado green!!  It matches my turlett and bathtub!!!  What more can you want I ask?  I am buying it!!  The lady who presently owns it told me that she showed it to someone last week, who ultimately turned it down.  She discovered after he left that he stole the cord off the back.  So now she is trying to replace it for me to go and try it out.  But if she can't get that done I will be buying a different one.  They are all there for about 100 bucks.  At that price if it craps out in a year or whatever I will deep six it and get another one.  No more glass tops in this house!!!

Yay!!!!  I just got a request from April to granddog sit in the middle of July.  They are going on a short road trip with her best friend and squeeze and Myles.  They can't take LL.  Yay!!!!!  I am as excited as any Gma would be!!!!

  Then the veil hunt party is on the 20th then Graeme and I are heading to Kamloops for a few days.  I desperately need to see my friends up there, get a preview look at the storage unit and take an inventory, and visit my most awesome sissy and family.  Which reminds me I had better get hold of her and make sure it is okay to stay with them.  I can always stay at Anne's place as well.  She has the most comfortable couch in the whole world, except maybe both my daughter's couches!!!!

Well doctor appointment tomorrow.  Sigh.  (shovel list). I hate doctor's appointments, although I really like this doctor.  But my blood pressure is creeping up there again and I need to know why.

Well I had best get at it here.  Walmart delivered a big load of groceries.  First load I have bought in a while.  I did end up having to email the head Canadian office with a complaint.  That stupid online store is constantly out of stock!  It is so annoying.  Man!  I sure wish No Frills delivered.  I would switch in a New York second!!!

Gotta bounce!  Love y'all and have a great day!!!  TTYL

'Retro:  the antidote to modern mundanity.'  Anon.


THERE SHE IS!!!

BRAND NEW

WHEN I WENT TO GRADE 12 AT POINT GREY, MOM SENT ME A BIT OF MONEY EVERY MONTH.  ONCE A MONTH I WOULD GO TO THIS LUNCH COUNTER BESIDE THE SCHOOL AND GET A TOASTED HAM SALAD SANDWICH, GRILLED CINDY DONUT (THE ONE WITH THE RED DOT) AND A HOT CHOCOLATE.  BEST FOOD I EVER ATE!!!
APRIL TOOK THIS PIC UNBEKNOWNST TO ME.  THIS IS HOW I SLEEP AT HER HOUSE.  NO HIP OR BACK PAIN IN THE MORNING!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment