Monday, January 22, 2024

MAYBE THIS IS THE REASON

 I have not made it a secret that I can't stand the current Premier or his party here in BC.  And I haven't made it a secret that I think the latest move they made about short term rentals as a problem solving move for housing is ridiculous.  Targeting corporate owned short termers...great....but mom/pop operations? Give me a break!!!

I just read in a tiny backwater news email about the cap the feds have put on foreign student numbers in Canada.  It led to the stat info that Canada's population rose by 1.25 million over the last 12 months to Oct 1., almost all of the increase was driven by international migration.  New housing increased by 300,000.  You can do the math.  Funny how this provincial government yaps on about empty houses and short term rentals but nothing about the complete imbalance causing the problem.  Supply and demand, bottom line.

Enough of that!!!  I am having a totally wonderful time.  I get waited on hand and foot, April goes out of her way to provide low carb foods, Myles provides incredibly interesting conversation, Leeloo is a total joy, most the time lol, and this couch is the most comfy thing possible to spend the day and night on. I am loving it.  Both of them are gone during the day so I get to watch my shows on tv, do my writing, clean the kitchen, and today I think I will see if there is a load of laundry to fold.

The housekeeper at home is coming today so I am depending on Monte to have the place ready.  Mr. Minimal, I hope he is thorough!  But alas! I fear probably not.  She is pretty good though and has been through this before.  Ange just told me that he did a fantastic job.  So I take all that back!!!  I think I will be here another week.  Monte will come and get me the beginning of next week.

I brought a prime rib roast with me when I came.  It is all thawed out and ready to be primed..haha!  Today is the day.  I shall roast it later today and prep the rest of dinner.  We had Myles pick up beef fat from the butchers to make gravy.  I don't trust that the roast will produce enough fat for that.  They never do.  I also brought my never been used pop over tins...designed to make Yorkshires.  We shall test them out today!  I will try to remember to take some pics!

I just got a picture on my phone, not one that is too welcome.  It was a picture from Monte...a very ugly bloody finger...with the message that he had a fight with the silverware drawer.  What???  I hate to admit this but all I could think was, Crap!!!  Did he slam it and break my drawer?  I then found out he was at the hospital getting stitched up.  I guess there was a knife in the drawer, not where it belongs btw, and he has a pretty skookum cut across his knuckle.  I hope the whining will be basically over by the time he comes to pick me up.  Knuckles are not a great place to get a slash!  I did tell him to make sure that there is no blood visible anywhere.  The housekeeper won't want to be near that! Do I sound unsympathetic?  He is the one that put that knife in there!  (shovel list) 

Well I shall put this down and get on with the day.  I am making arrangements with Monte to pick me up next Monday.  I will put him up in a hotel for the night and the next day we will check out early and go out to Ikea.  Wanna get some ideas.  And then we shall make a stop at a Costco then TNT.  Need some of that good crispy pork they make.  And maybe a little duck!!!!  TTYL

'Veal is a very young beef and, like a very young girlfriend, it's cute but boring and expensive.'  P.J. O'Rourke


BEGGING TO HAVE THAT PINK THING TAKEN OFF.  SHE HATES COATS AND SHIRTS

SHE FREEZES TO THE SPOT AND WILL NOT MOVE...NOT ONE INCH

FINALLY LAYS DOWN AND AGAIN....WON'T MOVE

NOT GIVEN A CHOICE



BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS





No comments:

Post a Comment