Saturday, January 13, 2024

RANDOM THOUGHTS AND PICS

 Cookie is my super bff supporter.  She left a comment on my last post telling me I can leave my tree up if I want to!!!  I just might do that...to be honest though it might be due more to procrastination than enjoyment.  Whatever....  Thank you Cook!!!!

I think, by looking at the guts of this blog, that some of the readers live very far away and in much warmer climates.  If they were reading our news, but why would they be, from here they would think we were all at risk of dying from freezing to death. (shovel list)

Honest to Pete...for you people out in the warmer world....unless you are  choosing to be out there in the freezing cold, we are all fine.  You would think it never got cold here ever.  Granted it is a wee bit colder this year than the last couple years but seriously people, I remember living in Kamloops and it would hit forty below pretty much once a winter.  And guess what?  We all survived it.

Listening to the morning news and all the dire warnings and endless howling about the cold front and the extra excited senior weatherman they have dragged in for the weather report at five in the morning (he usually doesn't show up on his 'on' days til six or seven) gesticulating and extra animated talking etc..., you would think it was armageddon.  My only beef with this weather are the people with summer tires. They are the real menace and danger, not the weather.  Good tires keep you on the road, summer tires don't.

We get cases of V8 from No Frills.  Monte and I are addicted to V8.  We get about four cases per month and put them just outside the deck door.

Well one huge upside of this cold front is they are frozen.  I love it when they freeze.  I bring them in one at a time and have to be patient and wait for melting.  I slowly over a period of time slurp the growing slush out of the can.  It's my fave thing to do with them.  Beats any slurpee you can buy at 7-11!

I finally emptied a rubber maid I had in my bedroom and hauled it out onto the trunk in the living room.  I have a list a mile long of stuff to go to April's place.  I have today and tomorrow to get it all packed.  So all non food stuff will be packed before bed tonight and food and ironing will be done tomorrow.  Oh and hair washing.  I also need to pack a separate box for Aryn and Bradley.  I haven't checked the van for cleanliness but it is what it is.  Aryn and Bradley won't care I think.  If they do they can take it up with Mr. Man.

Well I best get off my duff and start working on that immensely long list I made of stuff to go to Ape's.  They are saving money hand over fist for a down payment on a house.  As a result they do without a lot of stuff and have completely stopped going out to eat etc.  April cooks every single night. They did get to go to a couple of staff parties at xmas that were all paid for of course so it was pretty exciting for them.  But I think I would like to take them out one night as a treat and I am bringing a bunch of stuff from the freezer to make for their dinners.  They both are working so hard towards buying a home..not an easy thing to do in Vancouver.  I shall be posting from over there.  Til then be safe, and have winter tires!!!!  TTYL

'It's colder than a witch's tit in a steel bra.' David Levithan. Will Greyson.   sorry about the rudeness but Bill used to say this and I did not know it was a quote!!!  I thought he was clever!!!  I still think he is but not over this!

RANDOM ROLL OF THE MOUSE TODAY...I TOOK THIS IN MEXICO....I LIKED THE DIFFERENT BLUES

IN PARIS WITH APRIL AND MYLES

SO QUINTESSENTIAL PARIS JUST BELOW SACRE CEOUR (SP)


OUTSIDE SITKA

PARKSVILLE....SO MUCH FOR THAT BRITISH PUB


1 comment: