Sunday, May 19, 2024

A WHOLE WEEK GONE BY

I am going to try something new here.  I am going to exercise my memory abilities.  

Sunday:  Ummmmm let me see......Mother's Day, the most important day of the year to me.  I love Mother's Day.  Starboard Grill brunch buffet time!

Monte and I duded up a bit and down we went.  The food wasn't as good this year as last year but it was still amazing.  The whole salmon looked overcooked and dry but it was juicy, just like last year.  I want to ask Brad, the host and chef, how he does that!  I wonder if you can brine a large salmon.  If anyone knows please let me know!

After our brunch buffet we went for a drive out to Teshaat, a native store and gas station.  We love love love that place!!!  You can buy about fifty different Koolaid flavour packets!  We went for a long drive through the forest and fields taking the odd picture.

The rest of the day was chair bound as usual.  I love my chair!!!

Monday:  I was sitting in my chair watching judge shows, a lot like my mother was at this age!  The only difference was I was busy on my tech.  I have an open laptop on my lap, a phone in my left hand and the tv going, now and then dipping into the current book I am reading.  Busy mind, dormant body.  Not good.

In the midst of this bliss there is a knock at the door.  It is the housekeeper.  What???!!!!  I hadn't realized it was this Monday!!!!  My house was def not ready so I had to send her on her way and pay her anyway.  Stupid!!!!!!  (shovel list)

Tuesday and Wednesday:  I sat here for quite a while trying to remember anything significant.  I can't.  Other than taking Flopster out for his walks around the yard and endless pees, not much happened.  We have had an infestation of fruit flies so I have been battling those little suckers (shovel list)

Thursday:  Floppy's Spa Day.  Monte took off with Floppy around 9:30.  The groomer is way out Beaver Creek road.   I talked with him via fb message after he was done.  He loved Floppy!  He agrees with us, Floppy is a sweet sweet dog, if somewhat over exuberant at times.  He learns quick though.  They, Mont and Flop were gone for the whole day, in the woods communing with nature.

And seriously I can't remember the last couple days.  Ange and I did get out to do some QF flyer shopping but that was about it.  Today I am supposed to be doing laundry.  See?....very mundane.  Tomorrow Mont and I are going to Nanaimo.  We need toilet paper so Costco it is.  And we will probably make a stop at Horangs, the best Korean restaurant you could ever visit.

There has been tons of wedding back and forth.  It's hard doing a DIY wedding on an extreme budget.  But they are working super hard at cutting corners and doing things themselves so as not to hire people.  And she is looking at either renting or buying a second hand dress.  I am pretty proud of them!!!!

So thats it for this post.  I apologize for the total lack of interesting things.  Things will be picking up soon though.  One, I must go see the doctor and I ain't looking forward to that one.  I did my A1c and it is there on my computer to see, but I am too scared to look.  It's gonna be a baddie.  Oh well.  Thats it folks til next time.  TTYL

'I was perfectly happy with my boring life until you came along'. Elizabeth Gilbert.  Let me make this clear, the 'you' in this quote, is my guilt. 


OUT ON OUR DRIVE ON MOTHER'S DAY

THE BIGGEST STAR GAZER I HAVE EVER HAD
. THIS IS JUST ONE OF A BUG MASSIVE BOUQUET OF THEM MONT GAVE ME.  MY FAVE FLOWER ALONG WITH IRISES OR FLAGS.  
THIS IS HOW HE STAYS UNTIL MONTE GETS BACK, EVEN IF ITS HOURS

I LEARNED HOW TO GET RID OF WIRES AND BIRD CRAP..ITS CHEAPER THAN HIRING A PLUMBER TO FIX THE OUTDOOR FROZEN BROKEN PIPES AND A WINDOW WASHER!

AN UGLY PIC OF FAT ME.  ACTUALLY I AM BUILT LIKE A LOT OF THE LOVELY NATIVE LADIES IN THIS TOWN....I PROBABLY GET MISTAKEN FOR A FIRST NATIONS FEMALE...WHICH WOULD BE A TOTAL AWESOME HONOUR!!!!!

MIMOSA TOAST!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment