Monday, December 11, 2023

GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER

That would be Stan and Antonia!  They come to town to visit three people.  Their accountant and dear friend and his wife.  Antonia's brother and family live in town.  And me and Monte and Ange!  Port Alberni is becoming a popular place to live!!!

So the big cleanup is happening.  I haven't had the housekeeper in for over a month now.  I don't have even one inch to put the vacuum away upstairs so I just don't use it.  I bought a carpet sweeper that is truly amazing!!!  The furniture is dusty but she doesn't dust anyway so that's not new.  But she is coming this next Monday.  In the meantime I am getting the place ready.

Monte has been using the guest room.  He dragged his twin mattress in from the van and its on the floor in the laundry room.  He still can't sleep in his wet mouldy bedroom.  So sheets washed, clean towels out and Ange bless her, is coming up at two to help me make that bed.  It is an atrocity to make and so hard on the back.  It is so much easier with two people doing it.

Antonia is bringing a shepherd's pie!!  Yum!!  I will be making a salad and yesterday I made Irish soda bread.  And right now I am in the process of prepping the base for banoffee!!  Yesterday I boiled the sweet condensed milk in cans in water for three hours...yummy caramel.  I cheated and bought two graham wafer pie crusts in the tin foil pie plates.  I didn't want any leftover makings which would happen if I did make them.  Monte bought me a massive batch of ripe bananas and I have whipping cream and instant espresso at the ready!  I look forward to visiting with them!

But now I am running around in short short pj shorts and a filthy shirt.  Best go dude up a bit.  I will check back here later after dinner and they have gone to bed!  I will try to remember to take some pics.

It is the next day.  Early early..still dark as ditch water outside.  Dinner was lovely.  Her shepherd's pie was delicious!  The banoffee was rich as hell.  But delicious.

The kitchen and table are a massive mess.  Sigh.  Caroline is coming to clean at 12:30 so I had best get at the cleaning.  I like to have the house completely picked up for when she comes.

Stan and Antonia are leaving to go meet her brother and wife for breakfast at a local joint.  They are meeting them at ten so that will give me a wee bit of time to visit with them.  Monte will be moving upstairs again.  He was up super early this morning.  I ran into him on my way to the loo at about five thirty.  He was on his way out to his fave restaurant to get a breakfast.  He gave me a big hug!!  That never happens!!!  His autism, Aspergers makes him not like being touched so that hug was pretty special.  Gotta bounce!  I hear some astirring in the bedroom!

Another lovely visit and they are on their way.  I have the kitchen and dining room all clean and ready for the housekeeper.  Time to do my emails!  Have a wonderful day!!!  TTYL

this quote is exactly how we grew up and I tried to emulate that with all of my children.

'We have dinner every single night, Monday through Friday, with the children.  We sit down around 6-6:30 and it's a family dinner - it's time to check in, just to be around each other.'  Mark Consuelos


IRISH SODA BREAD



THIS BLOGSPOT IS JUST THE FRIGGING LIMIT.  STUPIDEST WEBSITE ON THE PLANET.  THAT CANDLE WAS GIVEN TO ME MANY MANY YEARS AGO BY AUNTIE JOAN, BILL'S BROTHER'S WIFE.  I STILL USE IT ALL THE TIME.  I LOVE IT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment