Saturday, December 23, 2023

IMPROMPTU NESS

 FRIDAY--Yesterday Monte said let's go to Coombs, I need the wee notebooks they have there.  I said sure why not?

So off we went and we hadn't even got to the Coombs turnoff when he happened to mention how next time we go to Nanaimo we should check out Superstore, or Stupid store as I call it.  I had just coincidentally read the PC (their brand) flyer and there were a couple things I would like.  So I said, 'Let's go now!  Why not?" and he said ALRIGHTY!!!  And that is how we ended up in Nanaimo...yet again.  If we were in Gladys we wouldn't have...too much gas.  But Smudge's gas needle doesn't even move on that trip.

Boy did we have fun.  We went to Stupid store and went through there like starving idiots.  That is what happens when you live in Butt F*** BC.  We truly are deprived here for the fine tune stuff.  And Costco doesn't stock those things.  So we went up and down the aisles and bought a few things with glee.  Mind you the one thing that prompted the impromptu trip they were out of.  16 butter layers croissants!!!  But we found other lovely things.  Now the only thing left to get are the buns for the xmas pick dinner.

Saturday--Yesterday I made baked beans in the crock pot!!!!  Man that was easy.  I soaked the beans over night and then you just throw everything into the crock pot, add some water, turn it on high and 7 hours later you have perfect beans. 

 I cooled them off and checked the weather app and it was going to go down to 0-3 degrees in the night.  So I buttoned up the lid on the crock pot and put the beans out on one of the freezers.  I love it when it's cold....it definitely increases my 'fridge' space.  I also had my cast iron dutch oven out there with a ham bone in it.

At exactly 3:25 am my phone rang...woke me up out of a light sleep.  It was Monte.  He tells me that either a robber or an animal is on the deck, he heard the crock pot hit the deck.  SHIT!!!!  I leapt out of bed and barrelled out to the sliding glass door to the deck.  We always leave a light on out there.  But before I actually got right to the door I skidded to a stop.  Right there on the other side was a great big black bear.  He was on his hind legs sniffing around the ham pot I had put on a small charcoal bbq on a small table.  He had knocked another pot off, that is what Monte heard, with half a banoffee pie in it and had licked it clean.  My crock pot was untouched  still on the freezer. He wasn't interested.  I am kind of offended.

  He rumbled around out there for at least another five minutes then took off.  Stupid bear.  His hormones must be broken.  When it gets cold enough their hormones make them hibernate.  This guy is obviously special.  And for some reason he has taken a shine to our house.

Every night practically he shows up and bashes our garbage wheelies around. He doesn't touch any of the neighbours' wheelies and he has never gotten into one.  Now he has discovered the buffet on the deck.  I will have to rope the gate shut and I am not sure he can get over it from the stairs.  Probably can.  Sigh.  There goes my extended fridge.

So today is getting stuff ready for Xmas eve.  I need to make a pot of chilli, get the Jonny cake ingredients ready to mix and bake tomorrow afternoon, get the charcuterie board stuff ready to put on the board, goodies arranged on pretty plates.  I think our drink of choice will be Cuba Libras.  And maybe some Avocat.  Love that stuff and I have half a bottle in the fridge. Plus, as per usual, I still have to wrap all the presents.  Sigh.  This is when I miss Billy the most.  He was such a good present wrapper.  

Plus Monte wants me to go with him on a trek to find good spots to film backgrounds for his new project.  I have agreed but first there are some, read a huge amount, of boxes on the deck that need to be flattened properly, not just by a bear.

The morning is half over so I best get busy.  I am hungry and there is a fat package of pig's head cheese in the fridge hollering out to be in a sammich!  Yummmmm.  I found a butcher that sells beef tongue. Another sammich fave.  Gonna get one in the new year and boil er up!  I shall connect back here on Boxing Day.  Have the happiest xmas possible people...or a Happy Hanukkah!!!!! TTYL

No quote today...they were either stupid bear/bare puns or portraying bears as cute and cuddly.  NOT!!!

I purloined the bear pictures from google images

PARDON THE FRENCH...

ENJOYING THE VIEW

SNOOZLES

BALANCING ACT

CHILLAXING I THINK THIS ONE IS A CARVING

WELL HELLO THERE...WHAT'S FOR DINNER?

YEAH, I THINK HE WILL GET OVER THE GATE OR CLIMB UP LIKE THIS ONE.  SIGH.  I THINK I WILL PUT SOME YUMMY FOOD OUT AND SET RAT TRAPS ON THE TOP.


No comments:

Post a Comment