Friday, August 16, 2024

MY MIND IS ON CLOTHES

 When we made the first trip to Nanaimo to pick up Toonykoot (Graeme), we left early enough that I could make a stop at the fat lady store. (FLS)  Thank goodness Nanaimo still has a brick and mortar to go to.  I need a couple of things to fill in gaps in my wardrobe. 

 As long as I am in Port here, otherwise known as ButtF**k Nowhere, it just doesn't seem to matter what you wear.  Even people that think they dress great...don't.  It's only in their minds.  I saw a guy the other day going into the bank...in frigging pyjama bottoms!!!  They had pictures on them!!!!  That is just going too far with the informality....in my book.  But to each their own...who the heck am I to judge.  I wear the same clothes for weeks on end (except for the unmentionables).  So who am I to talk???

Well that being said we have a cruise coming up.  And I know if I wear raggedy ugly old stained clothes, they won't kick me off the boat, out of the dining room, but not off the boat. But I will not be doing that!

And being an older fat broad, since a year ago when we cruised to Alaska I was basically fitting nicely into what clothes I took.  This time things have changed.  Gravity has done a number on my comfy body deposits over the year...they have done slid down some and things just don't fit the same.  Sigh.

So I took stock and now due to old wrinkly skin sagging legs I have to get capris.  I got rid of all my capris and so I had to order black stretchy leggings, capris length, to replace them.  And I have had to get short sleeved blouses to wear over my tanks to cover my bulbous bubbly arms.  Well you get the picture, sorry bout that!!!  All I can say is thank Om for stretchy material!!!  (I thought old people got skinny.  I don't know even one old 'fat' person.  It's not fair)

So the point of all that is we did make that stop at the FLS and I did find a lovely top I can wear for dressier moments.  Sometimes, not often, I regret that I got a boob reduction.  Now, all these years later they have deflated to flatline and my stomach is a full blown balloon.  It's pretty bad when your stomach sticks out way past your chest line.  (shovel list). Jeez!  I hope no men read this ridiculous blog.

We didn't see the Mars fly over.  We went to a good spot to wait and a guy standing there told us it had unexpectedly flown over an hour before.  WTF???  Very very very disappointing!!!!  Anyway we left Graeme at the ferry terminal and headed home.  Monte was pretty frazzled so we didn't stop anywhere.  

The next day Colton showed up and started the fence.  It took two days and he did the most amazing job!!!  It's so nice now to just throw the dog out onto the deck and he can go down to the yard and come back up as he pleases.  I have ordered a cheap dog bed to put out by the sliding door and we have started to feed him out there.  He is drinking all the water from a cooler that didn't have a lid on it during the rains in the winter.  Next time I go outside I will get a picture of the fence.  So exciting right?  Just what you want to see I am sure!!!!  Hahahaha!!  Gotta bounce...TTYL

'Folk music is a bunch of fat people.'  Bob Dylan

'Outside every thing woman is a fat man trying to get in.'  Katherine Whitehorn


MR. TALL

I SPEND A LOT OF TIME FLATTENING BOXES

WHEN MONTE IS GONE FLOPPY SPENDS HIS TIME RESTING HIS CHIN ON THE WINDOW SILL.... STARING

ONCE IN A WHILE HE MAKES HIS WAY INTO MY ROOM AND GETS UP ON MY BED WITH ME.  MY BED IS A TINY TWIN.  HE IS ON MY LEG.  SO CLOSE IT WAS HARD TO GET A PIC!


No comments:

Post a Comment