Thursday, August 1, 2024

HOME AGAIN HOME AGAIN JIGGITY JIG

YET AGAIN BLOG SPOT PUTS EVERYTHING IN THE FREAKING WRONG PLACE.  MY PEOPLE UNDER MY BENCH 


JOCELYN AND CRAIG

JO AND CRAIG

LAST DINNER....SWISSED STEAK 

KERRY

GARY AND KATHY

AINSLEY

 What a trip!!!!  A wonderful trip!!!  So many special visits with special people.

I went out to Savona to see Jo and Craig's new purchase, a fantastic mobile home on a lake shore with a boat launch and a beach.  The place is beautiful.  Jo and I had a fantastic visit...as usual!  She and I are on the same page about everything!!!  I just love visiting with her!!  And there were a hundred kids running around....a perfect hot day at the lake!!!

Kathy and Kerry and their current house guest Gary, were not home for the weekend.  They had gone to Salmon Arm to the Roots and Blues Festival.  I had the house, all five thousand plus square feet of it, to myself.  It was almost scary!!!  I am definitely not used to being in a place with that much space.  And the floor to ceiling windows with an unbelievable view made one feel like they could almost tumble out and down into the city!!!  Pure luxury!!

 It made me feel like my little shit box here is pretty humble, which is fine with me.  I have had enough fancy big houses in my life.  This one suits me just fine.  And frankly if I lived in their beautiful house I would probably fill it with people needing somewhere to live, I would hole up in that awesome little suite downstairs and cook for them all every day!!!!

We did go and spend one evening in a park and watched an amazingly well done Treasure Island play.  What fun that was!!!  It was a great audience too...lots of babies and kids.  I loved it.

I spent some time with Annie.  She is such a kind and wonderful person.  I love visiting with her.  We have such a long history and it is great to rehash things.  It's mentally healthy!!!

She came out to the storage unit with me.  It wasn't quite as big as my imagination had it, but it was full and over a hundred bucks a month I could be saving.  I will put a pic below.  I think Monte and I are going to go up in a couple of weeks and clean it out.  I have to open every box to see what is in it and make decisions.  Sigh.

The trip home was awesome.  I stopped at Anne's first and had a final visit.  I left Kamloops around twelve and mosied home.  I stopped in Merrit at the Home restaurant and had a fabulous meal.  Then I drove to a rest stop along the way and snoozed for an hour.  I drove slowly all the way from there to April's and Myles'.  I got there around seven thirty.  Such a fabulous and beautiful trip.  And off to the ferry the next day and home.  

Now I am sitting here in my beloved chair looking at stuff I need to unpack.  When I got home yesterday Monte helped me get everything out of the car and into the house and then let Floppy out to greet me outside. 

 Holy Hell!!!!!  He went crazy!!!  He damned near knocked me down!!!!  He left a great big bruise on my arm!!!  Thats love for ya!!

So this post is looking like a diary entry!  Sorry bout that.  I probably left something out.  So I must bounce now.  TTYL

'A bend in the road, is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.'  Helen Keller


SUNRISE


STUFF STUFF STUFF AND A FIFTY POUND STUFFED SALMON


No comments:

Post a Comment