Monday, September 2, 2024

A WEE UPDATE

 I was peacefully sound asleep this morning when Ange called me from the bathroom....a flooded bathroom!  The turlett developed a pretty fast leak out of the pipes and valves leading to the tap under neath.  Crap!!!  And that tap was frozen.  I called Monte and even he couldn't get it to turn!  If I knew where the WD40 was I would have used it.

So several soaked towels and a plastic container under the leak later....Monte went downstairs and figured out how to shut the house water off.  (shovel list). I hadn't had coffee yet for heaven's sake.  

Long story short, after a call to my fave plumber, we will be without water until Thursday afternoon.  But Ange and I immediately went into solve mode.  Thank goodness she uses a water cooler downstairs.  And there are four giant refillable at QF right next door water bottles.  So we figured out a flushing system, coffee system and whilst we fill the bottles that are empty I will buy paper plates and cutlery.  

I was going to get all the laundry done today and finish the packing.  So that aint gonna happen.  We have to leave this house on Monday the ninth.  Water in the house will be fixed (I hope) on Thursday afternoon the fifth which will give me two days to launder and pack.  And on that Thursday at 3:30 we have a very necessary rare appointment for the dog who has a terrible skin issue.  I think I will have to stay here and send Ange and Monte to the vet.

GUESS WHAT JUST HAPPENED????????  I got a text from Clint Eastwood (that is what I call the plumber...he is about my age, gorgeous and looks like Clint, whose name actually is Wendell.). He said that there was no way he would let us go that long without water so he came right over and shut the turlett water off for us!!!!  So I can shower, do laundry and finish packing!!!!!!  He is a true hero.  I think Ange is smitten with him!!!  (I hope she is reading this!  Hahahahaha!!!!)

There is never a dull moment.  Actually there are lots of dull moments so when something happens we get over stimulated.  And that has its own consequences.  Heart palpitations, hot and sweaty, brain addle, which leads to needing several calm down days to recover.  I am not kidding.  Although I was pretty proud of Ange and I and our immediate problem solving.  We swung into solve mode so fast the leak didn't stand a chance!

Gotta bounce.  Got things to do.  TFL TTYL. (my new sign off...TFL....Thanks For Listening

'I think toilets are more important than temples.'  Narendra Modi.  hells bells...in our house the toilet IS Monte's temple.

RANDOM SHOTS OF MY ODD CHILDREN


MONTE LEANING ON  A DEPICTION OF HIS BRAIN

BEST POSE HE EVER DID, OH JUST A MINUTE...MAYBE HE WASN'T POSING

HAPPY WITH HIS HOTDOG

APRIL BEING TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE AS USUAL

NOW AND THEN YOU JUST GOTTA STRAIGHTEN THEM OUT

NO QUESTION...ARYN WAS MY DIRTY CHILD

JENNIFER APRIL AND ARYN'S BACK IN OUR RATTY OLD BELOVED TRAILER IN BAMFIELD...WE LIVED HERE WHILST WE BUILT OUR LOG HOUSE. YOU CAN'T REALLY SEE BUT ARYN IS CARRYING MONTE UPSIDE DOWN.  LOOK AT THAT WALL...THAT WAS ALREADY THERE WHEN WE BOUGHT THIS PLACE.



No comments:

Post a Comment