Monday, September 16, 2024

RESIGNATION SIGH (SHOVEL LIST)

 Well jumpin' jimmy!!!!!   Monte took a couple hundred of our combined travel money that we saved over the year and has gone off to get a tender into Kona.  If he were any of my other kids I might be a tad worried that all would go well but it's Monte.  There are times when his autism comes in handy.  He just knows things by osmosis.  Ordinary stuff like where the dishwasher soap is?  Forget it.  But figuring out how to get the tender, get into town from the cruise port and then reverse it all at the right time so as not to miss the last tender???...no problem.  I hope he has a good time.

I am feeling a tiny bit better today.  I am still spouting liquid from every head orifice, sneezing obscenely and coughing my lungs up but I think I can get away with going up for lunch today.  I can't smell or taste but I gotta eat something.  I am hungry as hell and my blood sugar is dropping pretty low.  Plus I am desperate for coffee.  I didn't have the heart to ask Monte to go get me one.  I hate being at the front of the boat.  All the food and coffee outlets are at the complete opposite end of the boat.

And whilst I am griping, why oh why are there no coffee pots in our rooms?  This is ridiculous.  Every hotel on the planet offers coffee and tea in their rooms so what makes cruise ships so damned special?  How does a coffee pot pose a fire threat I ask.  Next cruise I am bringing a small kettle and a French press and ground coffee...Kick Ass.  I shall hide them.  They will never know.  I will keep them in the safe away from prying eyes.  And I will bring my Stanley thermos and fill it up first thing in the morning.  The coffee on this tub sucks. But it is coffee.  Better than nothing.  Tomorrow in Waikiki our first stop is going to be Starbucks.

That reminds me of a three week cruise Bill and I did out of Dover, a P&O line.  We had not travelled with them before.  The entire boat down to two people, Bill and I, were British.  Every last one of them.  It was fantastic.  The Brits are almost my fave people to cruise with.  My all time favourite are the Americans...they are friendly, generous and a lot of fun.

On this P&O trip through the Mediterranean was lovely except for one thing...the food.  The food was utterly terrible!  Now Bill and I aren't particularly fussy or hoity toity gourmands.  We will eat pretty much anything and the food has to be really bad for us to even notice that.

Well trust me the food was atrocious and tasteless and badly made.  I don't think you could set out to purposely make shitty food like that!!!  We went through a whole salt shaker trying to infuse a little flavour into it.  The Sunday roast dinner looked fantastic.  Beautiful roast, dark rich gravy, potato mash, Yorkshire puddings, vegetables.  We dished up with great soaring hope that this one time the meal would be good!  One bite in and we were frantically shaking that salt shaker.  How?  how could they ruin a roast beef dinner?  Sacrilege.

I rounded up ketchup, sugar, vinegar, hot sauce, soy sauce, HP sauce, worcheshire sauce, and took our meal and 'fixed it' every time.  hahaha!!!!

The minute we got to our hotel in London after the cruise, we barrelled across the street into an Angus Steak house and ordered steak, veg and baked potato!!!!  It was delicious!!

This room is a mess.  I must rise and clean and organize.  I think I shall hop into the tub.  It's a nice looking one...one of the perks of being in a suite.  Maybe I can soak some of the body aches out.  I gotta get into shape for tomorrow!  Cheesecake Factory!!!  I am going to take a leaf out of Cookie's book and order the Vegetarian lasagna!  Pus we need to find that little outdoor lounge area where we got drinks and a bite to eat...I can't remember the name of the place...Cookie help!!!!!  It was off the lobby of a very elaborate hotel on the beach.  And we are going to shop!!!!!

My next post will have pics and no griping.  Sorry folks but TFL.  TTYL

SO FAR THE ONLY SORT OF SUNSET

THAT IS ABOUT THE CHOPPIEST THE WATER HAS BECOME SO FAR.


1 comment:

  1. I can't remember the name! But I'm sure you'll recognize it

    ReplyDelete