Thursday, September 19, 2024

HEART RENDING MAUI TODAY

  A bit of a catch up first.  We are docked in Kahului.  It is only 6 am so no-one is off the boat yet.  Monte is still restlessly sleeping so I thought I would hop on here and make a quick report.

We docked in Honolulu, got the old wheels out and exited the boat.  It was hotter than the hubs of hell!  We easily got a cab to the very middle of Waikiki, the International Marketplace.  It is a very high end, three story open air mall with a massive banyan tree right in the middle.  We hadn't eaten yet so we walked to the food court.  Cookie and Monte are burger eaters and when I was there with Cookie we ended up at that burger spot for our meal.  Monte did the same.  And he got himself a pineapple teriyaki burger.  If I could taste I would have got one myself!!!  Instead I got a bowl of vegetarian ramen.  I love slurping noodles, even if I can't taste them!

We then started to do the rounds in that massive place and within ten minutes I went down like a half dead man.  I was sick again, dizzy, puky, just not feeling well.  I sat for a while in rocking chairs provided on the second floor mezzanine whilst Monte went around to the stores he was there to see.

He ended up buying two pairs of vans.  Normally they are in the hundred dollar range and NOT size 17.  This time they were in the fifty dollar range and size 17!!!!  Plus he found a hat store and bought himself a new black hat...bigger brimmed, not quite so Amishy.

  By this time I was street level sitting most uncomfortably in that stupid contraption.  Man! it was hard on the back!  Long story short Monte started to push me and the front left wheel just simply bent right over flat on the ground.  It damned near dumped me out onto the bricks.  We gathered up our stuff, pushed that assy piece of shit out to the street to a garbage can and abandoned it. I am now in contact with the company that made it.  They don't want me making a negative review on Amazon.  They just got on to Amazon with no reviews yet.  Hah!!!!!

Anyway I had to get back to the ship.  I was sick and I should not have attempted leaving the boat.  I was trying to remember the last time I was really sick.  Not even the one time I had covid was it like this.  I think it was way back when we still had Luz with us in the big house and I had walking pneumonia for three months.  All I could do was sit in a chair with my mouth hanging open remembering to breathe. I couldn't smell or taste then either.

Yesterday we were in Nawilliwilli on Kauai.  What a beauty place that is! Monte went off and had the time of his life as usual.  He brought me back a beautiful mug from Starbucks.  It's just the right size too.  I don't like big huge mugs. I put some pics of the view off my balcony.

And that comes to today.  I think we have planned to get a taxi to the dole plantation.  It isn't too too far away and possibly will have the nuts I am looking for.  Plus it is astoundingly beautiful there.  And then a stop on the way back at Costco.  We will see. I associate every single 'where' on this Island with Bill.  I can already feel my heart welling up just looking at Haleakala out there.

I shall post some pics here and do another report in a day or two.  TFL. TTYL

DESSERT AT SABATINIS

NOT SURE WHY THERE WAS A HOLE RIGHT THERE

A VERY VERY SKINNY PIECE OF VEAL MARSALA...NO IDEA WHAT IT TASTED LIKE BUT THE TEXTURES WERE LOVELY

PENNE...DIDN'T FINISH IT...EVEN THOUGH I COULDN'T TASTE I DIDN'T LIKE IT

T
THE VIEW OUT THE WINDOW BY OUR TABLE

WATCHING OUR EXIT FROM KAUAI 





PIECE OF CRAP



No comments:

Post a Comment