Monday, August 5, 2013

TODAY I AM DETERMINED TO GET DRESSED

I have spent the last three days in comfy 'can't go out in public' outfits.  Its just too easy.  But then I can't just drop everything and go out for coffee or whatever.  So today I am going to wash my hair, get dressed properly and straighten up.  If I were a hermit I would only need one shirt, one pair of jeans, one set of crocs, and a bottle of shampoo that would last me a year.

Monte has been going out every night with his buddies.  A few of those nights he has been drinking.  Which is normal but I hate it.  I do not like it when my kids drink.  None of them overly drink, its just me.  I think it may be because I was raised in a cult religion that didn't allow drinking, smoking, make up, women cutting their hair, women wearing pants, no tv, no movies, no books other than the bible, no music other than hymns (and country...go figure), no card playing, no divorce (you were excommunicated if you did), no christmas tree, (presents were fine, just no pagan tree) etc....

Now I have no problem with smoking (in the past),  make up (in my youth), hair cutting, wearing pants, tv and movies, playing cards etc.....I do it all.  But I have a problem with booze.  I just can't handle people that start to slur and wobble...it freaks me out.  I am not sure why.

As a result I have been ragging on Monte to not drink.  Plus he is taking a medication that liquor doesn't mix with.  I understand that he only drinks now and then, he isn't here very often, but still...so last night he was going out again to hang with his friends.  He planned to be out all night and home in time for a truly important appointment at 11 this morning.  He said he would be home by 10:30.  I tried to convince him to be home earlier.  Nope.  Finally (keep in mind he is 23, old enough for me to just shut up AND he is really responsible, this is just me) I told him that for every minute earlier than 10:30 I would give him a buck...half joking but we pinky swore..guess who walks in at 7:13 this morning.  Jeez!  He calculated it and it works out to 190 bucks or something, but he said I didn't have to pay.

Andrew left yesterday.  We all gathered out by his car for the final good bye (kind of symbolic because he will be back on weekends to keep packing up his stuff) and it was so flipping sad.  We love that boy.  April just couldn't be here so she took off on a giant hike up the mountain just before he left.  This is probably all for the good, the two of them going their separate ways, but it
I CAN'T IMAGINE HIKING 12 K THROUGH THIS

SHE SENT THESE PICS FROM HER PHONE
s sure hard.

April planned to hike from here to Deep Cove on the Baden Powell trail.  Somewhere along the way she got lost a few times and had to use her GPS and finally she was climbing climbing climbing up Seymour and her knees gave out.  And she ran out of water.  So she texted us that she was coming back down and would let us know where she would finally pop out of the forest and we could pick her up.  We did.  She hiked about 12 kilometres...a lot of it up up up.  She came home exhausted but feeling accomplished.  She had taken Parker with her and he seems to be just as exhausted!

It is so wonderfully quiet right at the moment.  It is still early, but I hear Bill astirrin' in the bedroom.  Sigh!  With him will come NOISE!  Clump clump of his noisy slippers (how can slippers be so noisy), harrumphing as he clears his throat, talking way too loud to the dog, gets all the dogs up and milling about with their noisy nails on the wood floor, starts sneezing, drops two or three things, turns on  the tv....oh well, the day has started.  TTYL  (blogspot sucks....pics just go where ever they want and if you try to change it everything just gets screwed up...there must be a better way than this to blog)

MOLLY ISN'T THERE....THATS A LOT OF DOG IN OUR LITTLE HOUSE

1 comment: