Monday, November 4, 2019

TMI

Before we get to the TMI story, I want to tell you about Antonia's book launch.

Saturday morning the three of us duded right up and headed over to Campbell River.  The launch was set in the Campbell River museum, a beautiful perfect setting I must say.

We arrived in Campbell River early enough to get lunch somewhere.  I wanted fish and chips, kind of suits the place.   A really close venue to the museum was a place called Dick's Fish and Chips.  It was a cute quaint looking little place up against a rock cliff, right across from the ocean, along the main road through town.

  But a certain someone in the van didn't want to go to a place called 'Dick's'.  No no, he said, its a dirty name.  No way was he going to eat in a place called Dick's!!!  What the hell? I questioned in disbelief!  Trip Advisor repeatedly reported that Dick's was the best place in town for fish and chips!!!  Jeez..you'd think it was called Dirty Dicks!  But it WASN'T!!!

So we didn't go there.  We went to another cute little place right down on the dock.  We had fish burgers and oysters and clam strips.  The clam was good but I am afraid the rest of the meal was def NOT good.  Even he admitted we should have gone to Dick's after all.  Silly boy!

We then headed to the museum.  They were expecting 30-40 people, and over a hundred showed up!!!  She had on her authentic beautiful kimono she acquired on one of her trips to Japan.  And then she stood up there in front of all those people and proceeded to mesmerize the entire audience!  Her stories were delightful, her readings left us wanting more!  Her artwork and 
pictures were beautiful.  And Antonia was quite funny!!!  Won our hearts over, thats for sure.  All in all the whole event was super successful.

Now for the TMI story.  I asked for and received Monte's permission to tell this story.  But I do warn you that it does involve some rather personal information that some may find....well....too personal.  Please feel free to skip this tidbit and if you don't I don't want to hear about it!!!!!

Whilst we were at the museum yesterday, we spent some time in the gift shop.  And may I recommend this little gift shop to anyone who happens to find themselves in Campbell River.  It is a beautiful store!

Monte found a native carved silver ring, in size 17!  This is not a common event for him.  He never finds rings that fit him.  It fit perfectly on his pinky finger.  So he bought it.  It is big and beautiful and suits him perfectly.  All the way home and even after getting home he kept admiring it on his finger, showing us over and over.  It really is a lovely ring.

Well.....I was in my chair here, sipping my coffee, reading my book very early this morning, when I hear unusual stirrings and noise and talking downstairs.  I stopped reading and listened.  Then I heard the vacuum cleaner going and more activity and talking.  At some point I figured it out.  Monte's ring, which he swore he wore to bed, was missing.

Well Peter, bless him, took the bed apart, vacuumed everywhere, listening for the clink of something ring size going up the hose, they shook blankets, looked into the pillow cases and simply every possible and impossible place in that room and the bathroom.  That ring was absolutely nowhere to be found.  Finally we suggested that we take a break, have a coffee and try again after.  Peter and I headed upstairs, Monte stayed downstairs to keep looking, futilely.

A few minutes later Monte hollered up that he found it!!!!!  OMG!!!  You would never guess where!  He had to go to the loo at one point, and as he sat down on the John, he heard a clink.  And yes!  there it was in the turrlet, winking up at him through the....ahem!  Later, upon discussing, we came to the conclusion that in his sleep,  he did what ALL men do, adjust his parts, and as he did the ring slid off into the family jewels....trapped there until released later, after total panic and mayhem, into the loo!  He was so relieved!  I had a really hard time not offensively laughing myself silly.  The family jewel was lost in the family jewels...hahahahahaha!!!!!  Oh well alls well that ends well.   TTYL



MY FAVE SPOT IN MY LIFE. AND NOTE...I DON'T HAVE THE SAME SLIPPERS ON EACH FOOT....I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW UNTIL HALF WAY THROUGH THE DAY.  WHAT A TOOL!

CONTINUING THE WORLD FAMOUS Port Alberni TRADITION, PLACING OUR PUMPKINS IN CATHEDRAL PARK


THE SUNSET ON THE WAY HOME

ANTONIA READING TO US



I FEEL LIKE AN RCMP MEMBER








1 comment:

  1. Hahahah!'so relieved!' In more ways than one!! Oh man!soooooo many questions. Okay okay!I won't ask. But really want to!!!

    ReplyDelete