Saturday, April 2, 2022

BIN A WHILE

 It has been a few days since I posted!  I have actually been really busy for once.  I finally got Ange's place all clean and ready for her.  I went and picked her up so she could have a look and she LOVE'S it!!!  Thank goodness!!!

I need to make a smoking area for her.  She has a friend Monique who has attached herself to us and I am pretty sure she will be joining us often. She has been a godsend for Ange.  She smokes.  And right now Ange does too.  She says she is quitting when she moves over, she smokes from boredom and rattling around in that house of hers.  So I shall dig a couple of chairs out of one of the sheds and set them up in the carport.  The other thing that we need to take care of is getting her cat fixed.  He is a he and we do not need him spraying down there.  Trouble is that it's only a hundred bucks at the SPCA, where there is a very long waiting list, and 300 to get the vet to do it.  So even if we have to pay, that cat needs to be fixed before moving in.

Today I picked up Ange for a quick trip up to a new store to me called the Wearhouse (sp?) and a quick stop at Walmart.  Monique met us up there.  When we went into the first store I was kind of shocked to see that neither of them were wearing a mask.  They are crazy.  Especially Ange, she has horrible underlying issues.

There was a knock at the door the other morning.  It was Carolyn, Monte's original mental health nurse.  Now that Monte is no long a 'committed' person and is voluntarily taking his meds, they don't have to keep track of him.  But she dropped in to see how he was doing and suggested we keep in touch once a month just in case he needs help at any time.  I was so impressed!  She is the nicest possible person.  She gets her people together every week and takes them on hikes and walks and museum trips etc...  I think she would love him to join them.  

Anyway she came in and Monte wasn't up yet but she and I visited for about an hour.  So interesting.  And she was mentioning that due to certain demographics, if that is the right word, Port has a high number of covid cases.  So Monte and I are being super careful again, wearing our KN95's everywhere we go.  I was warning Ange.  I would hate to have her get sick.  I don't know if she would do very well with covid.

Once again I am battling stupid Telus.  Our internet has been cutting in and out, a lot, since the last round we went with Telus about two months ago.  So finally we spent about four hours total, two calls, with them and they didn't fix it.  So they sent a guy.  So in comes the grumpiest little cranky man.  He wandered back and forth between the modem in the spare room and the living room.  He was here for a long time.  I don't really know what he did to fix it.  I asked what was it and he said, and I'm not kidding, "someone unplugged it and plugged it back in". At which I answered, well it sure as hell wasn't us.

Then five minutes after he left he sends a copy of a message to Telus, stating that I had agreed to a 168 dollar charge!!!!  FUCKADOODLE!!!!!  I exploded.  I immediately called Telus and let fly.  She finally told me that if the charge was on the bill on the 7th, to call them and see what the technician said.

  If they charge me there will be only two outcomes.  One...I absolutely will NOT pay them.  And there is no way they can get money out of me, they don't have my credit card number.  And I will cancel my two year internet plan I just signed up for and will not be paying that out.  And I will be switching to shaw.  I also mentioned to her that I have been with Telus since I was 19, even when they were on strike, and I get a gift from them every year for being such a good customer, and I have to have them fix my internet every two months and I have put up with that.  Grrrrr......I WILL win...there is no doubt about that.  The bastard.  I did NOT agree to it like he said.

Well now I am mad all over again and it is 2:30 in the night.  Great way to go to bed!  Oh well....internet, a necessary evil.  Stay safe, eat lots and TTYL!

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."  Steve Wozniak..co-founder of Apple Inc.


If you know me you will know how significant that quote is.  Just check my back yard...brooms, mops, vacuums, toasters, the dog if its throwable etc....

 


1 comment:

  1. I was in Walmart the other day and only saw two or three other folks wearings masks. We are into the sixth wave. I don't plan on being around strangers without my mask.
    We have a Shaw cable/internet bundle. Got fed up with Telus years ago.

    ReplyDelete