Thursday, January 17, 2013

CHARMIN VS EVERYTHING ELSE

Bill and I just had the hugest....not exactly an argument, but a very heated discussion.

And its about toilet paper.

I think, because I am the one that uses it the most, I should have total control over the kind we buy.  Yes, men do use it once or twice a day, but women use it every time, thus we use way more.  And as such, we have a much more invested interest in the type we buy.

That being said, in our house, I will only allow charmin.  It is thick and doesn't tear, you use one third the amount compared to any other, and you can get it wet (upon rereading this I had better add "wet with tap water") and wash the rim of the toilet (which is necessary when you live with men) and it won't rip.  Win win all the way around.

I was just in the loo and it came to my attention that it was NOT charmin on the newly replaced roll.   It was thinner, not as strong and I had to use three times the amount more than usual.  What the hell?  This may not seem like a very important detail in one's life, but it is in mine.  How did this happen???

Then I remembered that Bill did the last tp shopping.  So I came storming out and confronted him.  Apparently, Costco (can be an unreliable store on occasion) didn't have any.  So he bought a different kind, like 36 freaking rolls of it.  Ahhhhgggggg!   If we can't get it at Costco we go to SuperStore, I yelled at him.  You DON'T buy 36 rolls of some other crap!!!!!  My life shall be hell about six times a day for the next FOREVER!!!!!

Cookie came over yesterday and we had a wonderful time!  We went shopping.  And shopping, other than xmas, is something I haven't done for some time.  It was so much fun.  I bought duvets, butter dishes, phone receiver for my iphone,  etc..... We met Monte, who has come home for another week, for coffee and then home to a delicious dinner.

Lately Bill and I have gone back to taking a flushing niacin every evening.  Its very healthy and all that but it makes your whole body go beet red and get very hot and prickly for about a half hour.  Not very comfortable at all.  We were telling Cookie about it so she decided to try it out and took one.  About a half hour later she started to prickle, then she got hot and turned red, and prickled even more.  It was so funny to watch her reaction!  Monte and his friend were here and we ended up looking it up on google and reading about the pineal gland, which niacin effects,  in the brain etc...such a strange evening but oh so interesting!

A BOX OF PURDEY'S CHOCOLATES THAT TELUS SENT ME CUZ I AM SUCH A GREAT AND AWESOME CUSTOMER.  I PROMPTLY GAVE IT TO APRIL, MUCH TO BILL'S CHAGRIN

THIS IS A HIBISCUS WE HAD TO BRING IN OUT OF THE COLD.  THE ONLY PLACE IN THE HOUSE THAT WE HAD A LITTLE ROOM FOR IT WAS IN THE BATHROOM

ITS SHOWING ITS GRATITUDE BY STARTING TO FLOWER AGAIN


LOSER TOILET PAPER

THE ONLY KIND OF SELFIE I CAN TAKE

THIS CHRISTMAS TREE HAS BEEN HERE FOR A LOOOOOOOONG TIME WAITING FOR SOMEONE YOUNG AND STRONG TO TAKE IT DOWNSTAIRS FOR US

A LOOOOOOOOOOOONG TIME


So now I am off to the fat lady store to buy a belt.  TTYL

1 comment: