Wednesday, February 20, 2019

BUSY BUSY BUSY

Getting ready for my trip....checking off things as I go.  I think I have my clothes lined up.  I went into BCAA to renew my membership and get travel health insurance.  In six years my membership will be free.  Guess why?  Because I will have been a member for fifty years!  Fifty years!!!!!!!!!  Now that makes me feel old.  More than having a kid turn 46. Crazy!!!  And I was kind of dreading the cost of my insurance only to find out I had bought a years worth last trip!  Yay!!!

Its been a hella week let me tell you.  I truly despise errands, and thats been the kind of week its been.  

One thing I have learned over the many years is you can go ahead and make a sensible list of errands to get done in one day.  Allrighty!  I am going to go out there and gitter done!  Today!!!

I organize the list in order of location.  So in the end I would be making one big sensible circle...from place to place.  With purpose in my heart off I go.

First stop.  I inevitably will be missing something and can't cross it off my list.  Have to go back later.

Second stop.  The person I need to see isn't there today.  Have to go back later.

Third stop.  They don't have it.  Its coming in on Thursday.  Have to go back.

Fourth stop.  You have to deal with this problem on the phone.  We don't do that here.  Grrrrrrr.

And so on.  Its never as simple as going out and just simply getting it all done in an organized way.

Seeing how this is a complaining day, another thing I have to do is try on all my summer clothes and bathing suits and make sure they all fit and are appropriate.  Acccchhhhhh!!!  I hate that.  At least I have them all rounded up.  And I know I always take too much.  So I shall be brutal this time and only take a few outfits.  If they get dirty, well so be it, I will wear dirty clothes!  Heeheee...Cookie may not agree with that one!  She has a magical way of staying unwrinkled and clean all the time!

Today is kind of a special day for me.  My friend Anne has a son by the name of Scott.  Our kids all grew up together and we were super close until I moved to Vancouver when the kids were about ten and twelve.  Even then we had Scott over for dinners and games etc... a few times when he moved to Vancouver as an adult.

I haven't seen Scott in forever and right now he is in town to see his family.  Anne and Scott and I are meeting at Cora's for lunch today!  I am pretty excited to see him!  He called me the other day and we had a wonderful long visit.  So I can't wait to see him today.

Tomorrow its serve pizza to kids at the university day.  The youth somethingorother, has a day of listening to mentors teach them about entrepreneurship and business and life in general.  Normally we would be standing behind tables of pizza and handing them out to lines of kids.  But I guess last year a few assholes, after it was over, threw pizza all over the place.  So this time we have to pack the pizza to classrooms and serve it there.  Jeez!  Kids, some kids, can be soooo stupid.

And its been a busy week with the Adopt a Grad program.  I would have been completely crazy, not to say unsuccessful as the committee head, if it weren't for my sister.  She did soooo much and she isn't even in the committee.  But I think its under control now until I get back from my trip.

As soon as I get back on the 12th, I will be diving into the grad thing, preparing for two weekends of fittings etc.  As soon as that is all done I will be off to Port Alberni.  I haven't seen Monte for over a year now.  It feels abnormal.  I can't wait to go see him.

Well I had best get on with my day.  My day that is full of barking dog.  The weekend was lovely.  She was home all weekend of course and the dog doesn't bark when she is home.  She has no idea how unbelievably awful it is to have a howling barking distressed dog barking non stop.  (more than a shovel list...I want to use that shovel for....)

TTYL


No comments:

Post a Comment