Monday, February 4, 2019

HOLY MOTHER OF ALL THAT IS PAIN

That was my week, or at least half of it, last week. I came down with some kind of infection or something of the sort in my nethers.  If I still had my parts inside, (seriously!  I am hollow inside.  No female anything, all having been removed years ago, at least half my colon, my appendics,...all gone...  although my stomach kind of makes up for it) I would be cursing my spot in life as a woman.  But no, I don't know what the hell was left in there to hurt like the devil whenever I coughed, laughed, blew my nose, used the loo, or even moved. Owwy to the power of infinity!

I would have gone to a doctor if that had been possible.  There was no way I could go to the clinic and stand in line from 7 to 8 when the clipboard came out.  I could if they put one of those atrocious green porta-potties out there.  My awesome kind sister actually offered to go stand in line and get me an appointment!  Who does that for someone?  Well my awesome kind sister does!

I decided to wait until today, Monday, to decide what to do.  Usually I just wait crap out and it hasn't killed me yet, it just goes away.  And guess what?  It went away.  All better today thank goodness.  That one was a doozy and really hurt.  Plus it made me sick for two days.  Like literally upside down sick.  One day I don't even remember much.  Apparently the kids all called me at one time or another and I have zero remembrance of it.  Of course that could be a wee touch of the D word.

I spent half the day yesterday up at Kathy's.  It was Super Bowl day.  You know I don't get it.  Watching macho men who, you know will end up with brain damage eventually,  chase a ball around a field is the ultimate stupid reality show.  And yesterday's game should have been called the Boring Bowl.  At least there is alliteration in the name.

But!!!  The party was awesome.  There were about a dozen of us and everybody brought amazing appys and then Kathy served a delicious dinner after the game.  And the fun we had!!!  Everybody is so funny and interesting.  I normally shy away from gatherings, not really my fave thing, but this one was really fun.  We did a lot of laughing!  Some of it at the ridiculous game's expense.  

Anyway, this week I devote to the Gift of Grad, and the good works of Kiwanis.  Lots of letters and posters to type up, with Kathy's help.  Thank goodness!  I am pretty hopeless.  How I ended up chairwoman of that committee is beyond me.  So busy week and a freezing cold one.

  I am afraid we have all become soft over the years.  It used to hit forty below every winter for a while.  Now when it hits twenty below we all go into hibernation mode.  It's been years since I have had a block heater and had to plug my vehicle in.  Once you couldn't buy a new car without one already installed and a cord end hanging out the front.  I haven't seen one of those in forever.

 It may be cold out there but its beautiful!  The sun is shining and there is just enough snow on the ground to be shiny but not enough to cause trouble...like getting stuck and shovelling. (shovel list....hahahaha!!! ).

 I have my gratitude list back, thanks to Arnie sending me my left behind cord.  So I will resume the gratitude thing (shovel list). TTYL

NOISE:  Hmmmm...lets see.  I find noise, certain kinds, comforting.  An extremely quiet house makes me uneasy so background tv or music noise  is comforting to me.  Although there are some noises, like frigging magpies outside the bedroom window early morning, or a murder of crows in the trees over your tent when camping, I do not appreciate.  But this is about gratitude.  The noise I like to remember was the calls to prayer wafting out everywhere over Istanbul.  Very eerie and foreign and evoked uneasy attention thanks to scary movies about Muslims.  Still a very interesting noise.

1 comment:

  1. Most new cars still have them. They are just hidden (at least with Fords) 😃

    ReplyDelete