Tuesday, August 7, 2018

NOT SO QUIET NOW

I sat on the phone with Telus three times this last week.  Each time was one and a half hours.  No choice for a call back.  Twice I hung up ferociously pissed off.  And...I called Shaw to come and get them out.

Shaw arrived right on schedule on the Friday.  He comes in, looks around and determines that if I want telly in the kitchen nook where it is now and in my tan purple room, again where there is another one, there would have to be some drilling done.  And to do that they need permission from Strata, in writing.  Holy fer Geez!!!!  Well that aint happening.

So I called Telus a third time.  At the hour and a half mark I was foaming at the mouth and ready to kill.  All I can say is its a good thing they don't have an office I can  physically walk into.

At about 98 minutes they answered.  I blistered the poor girls ear for a couple of minutes.  She kept saying I am sorry until I told her to just stop.  Don't tell me you are sorry for christ sake, tell the upper echelon to get more people in.  This is truly BAD customer service.

Any way eventually she started trouble shooting.  Finally she asked about the 'white box'.  What white box?  Both my pvr's are black.  Then I remembered, it has been a year afterall, that they had installed a white box downstairs so I could try out extra ultra fast internet....which it was but for twenty five bucks a month I didn't need it so I had them get rid of it.  But the box stayed.  

At her request I went downstairs, moved the bed, found the box....unplugged.  Taylor must have unplugged it when she moved out, not knowing what it was.  So all that flipping aggravation for a simple plug in.  Gahhhhhh!!!!

April and Myles came up on Friday night.  I love having them.  They are so easy to have.  They spent time with Jo and Craig out on the lake having a good time wake surfing and paddle boarding.  I stayed home and made salmon patties...the kind you coat in mayo then crushed potato chips.  They are a lot of work (a labour of love for me) but worth every bite.  Kathy and Kerry came down and joined us for dinner.  I had five people for dinner!!!!! That rarely happens!

Yesterday K&K headed out to Shuswap and the kids and I went over and borrowed their hot tub.  They are so generous.

I didn't get in...my bathing suit is kind of loose now and tends to show my lower flaps...so embarrassing plus hot tubs and blood pressure are not friends.  So they got in and I sat on the sidelines and yelled at them.  So they could hear over the water.  

I went home before them and cooked up a couple of t-bones and we made beef buns when they got back.  They got away about six thirty.  The house was awful quiet after they left...even with tv.  Even Wrangler moped for a while.  He loves company.  Extra ear scratches.  He is a major suck up.

Today was a Kiwanis day and the meeting was a hoot.  They are such an amazing bunch of people. Kathy and I signed up to do the meat draw on Sunday.  I had driven Kathy down so afterwards we hit up Home Sense, Walmart and the Liquidation store.  What fun!  The only draw back is the amount of smoke out there.  It is horrendous at the moment and its super hot out.  Not a fun combo.  But we still had a blast.  I love shopping with her.

Whilst Myles was here he came downstairs with me and unstacked all my heavy boxes.  I can now go through them and unpack them.  I started already and its like Xmas!!  It has been exactly one year since I moved into this place so I have not seen all that stuff for a long time. There seems to always be someone living down there.  But right now there is no one.

  And I really liked everything I saw.  I threw out so much before moving that I am really down to what I wanted...and so far what I am finding I am excited about.  For example I found my tall yellow pitcher and bowl that I carried back on my lap from Portugal.  I will never ever get rid of those.  And now I am looking for my trifle bowls.  I love them too.

Anyway, I shall sign off here before I start to ramble.  Wrangler is butting his head into me, a sign I need to get him outside.  He is a bit of a bully but I love him anyway!  (munch munch...eating more crow)  TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment