Wednesday, September 8, 2021

FORGOT TO TITLE LAST POST

 It was a busy week.  Levi came for the night on his way to Tofino camping.  He was meeting a friend there.  He asked Monte to go along so he did.  The site they had had electrical plug ins so he could take his cpap and sleep in the van.  He had a great time!

Peter came home for a couple of days, on his way to work at Nitinaht.  Nitinaht is about and hour to an hour and a half away, over the road to a halfway point to Bamfield.  It then goes off towards Cowichan.  He bought himself the cutest little 4x4 Tracker.  So off he went Monday nite to start his first day on Tuesday.

Levi stopped in on his way back to Victoria.  It looked like he had a good time.  After a while he and Monte headed off to Parksville for a feed of Ramen.  I stayed behind because we had received a message from Peter.  He was coming home!  What???

Apparently there are a couple of guys working there that live in Port here and they come home every night!  EVERY NIGHT!!!!  The DFO provides a rental truck for them.  Holy Hannah!!!!  I can't imagine getting up at six in the morning, banging over that road for over an hour, working hard til four for five then banging their way back here.  Crazy!  But Peter seems to be happy about it, which is what is important.  But I have to say, when that road deteriorates as winter progresses, we will see how happy he is then!  I am happy he will be home each night.  I will be a pro vegetarian cook by the end of his stint up there!!!

I happened to catch an episode of "You Gotta Eat Here" the other day.  I have only watched it now and then, mostly by accident.  What I like is that it is Canadian.  So all the places he goes are in Canada, pretty rare.  This episode I saw was mostly in Nova Scotia!  And what I saw...I gotta eat there!!!  So I am now taking notes and plan to go to some of these places!  Mont and I will be coming back three hundred pounds heavier!

Another great suggestion came from Aryn.  There is a show on CBC called Still Standing.  Johnny Harris goes to small towns in Canada and meets all the people and sees things and eats in small diners then does a stand up schtick for the townspeople at the end.  I am going to start watching them with the idea of making a point of going to some of them. 

 On one of our trips back from New York, we were driving through Canada, we sought out the little town in Saskatchewan that Corner Gas had been filmed in.  It was a fave show of Monte's and Bill's.  It was so much fun to go there.

Well it's Wednesday, which means it's clean the house before Millie comes tomorrow, and it's Ange coffee day.  We will probably go to No frills or Walmart after coffee.  I think I will stock up on vegetables!  Gotta keep the fridge stocked with salad stuff for sure.  Peter is a big salad eater.  Today he took left over Dahl for his lunch.  He is so easy to please.

Well that's all I got today.  I apologize that its turned into a 'diary'.  I think once life returns to a little more normal, if it ever does, life will be a little livelier and a little more interesting.  Take care folks.  Challenges next time, not that we are doing them.  Lol!!  TTYL

"Animals are nicer than human beings and they are conscious beings.  If you stick your grandmother in an oven, she will probably be tasty. But is that any reason to eat your grandmother?"  Morrissey, Musician



No comments:

Post a Comment