Tuesday, September 14, 2021

TIME IS A'FLYING' BY

 Egads!!  So busy.  I love it.  Most the boys are back at the moment.  People to cook for!!!  I find myself laying in bed in the morning, smiling, planning dinner, my fave past time.  Two semi vegetarians and one somewhat picky eater.  And soon we will have Graeme with us as well. He eats everything and is grateful!!!  Well they are all grateful.  I love it.

Last Friday Monte and I drove to Port Hardy.  For those that don't know, Port Hardy is about five hours north of here..up Island.  Austin was coming in around midnight on the ferry from the Charlottes.

About half way there Monte started to get agitated and by the time we arrived he was pretty much in a full blown panic attack.  His arm had gone numb and that started a rolling panic.  The poor guy.  He is still somewhat fragile.  He is so good all the time I tend to forget that he is on all kinds of medication and is always keeping a lid on his issues, but sometimes they overcome him. But with talking and looking up symptoms involving numbness etc.. he made a supreme effort and got a handle on it. But it's clear there will be no trip across Canada.  In fact he won't be able to come up to Kamloops at thanksgiving.  He needs his little house out here in the boonies and that's totally okay.

Now today for some odd reason that is beyond me I have a long doctor appointment that happens once a year.  I asked the mo what it was for and she said that the doctor just goes over all your meds and general health.  Yeah.  Sure.  Why?  I get labs done that she looks at every three months.  I just had that done.  What the heck?  I don't get it.

And that being said I have to run.  Gotta at least try to comb my hair.  sigh  (shovel list).  Stay safe.  We just found out that one of Monte's band mates probably has covid.  For jeez!!!!!  Monte hasn't seen him for two weeks so fingers crossed.  TTYL

“Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength.”
—Charles Spurgeon


. “Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.”
—Arthur Somers Roche




1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to hear that your life is again full with those you love. Equally sorry to hear of Monte's struggles. Day to day life is so unfair to the most creative amongst us, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete