Monday, October 17, 2022

EXHALE....

Well I am sitting on the couch, watching Nascar and blogging with Myles.  April is at the table getting a website together with examples of her work and a resume of sorts.  Monte is staying at Graeme's and today they are off to Ikea for a meal of meatballs and lingonberries and stopping at T&T market for pork and dim sum, frozen, for us to take home tomorrow.  He is dropping it here later to put in April's freezer.

And you would NOT believe what April and Myles are doing NOW!  They are out on the deck with a giant huge Hubbard squash, arguing about how to open it up.  Myles wants to cut it crosswise.  No no no.  April wants to take it out to the lawn and take an axe to it.  I would like to cut just through the tough skin and make long incisions on each of the four sides then smack it with a hammer.  It will fall apart. Youtube said so.  But it didn't!  We finally dropped it off the deck onto the sidewalk below.  hahahaha!!!  It exploded!!!!  Pics to follow.

The van had nothing wrong with it according to Dodge.  They had it for several days and apparently went through it with a fine tooth comb and found nothing wrong.  Well okay.  Now what.  So we are driving it home and hoping for the best.

Kevin ended up not putting up the tent trailer.  Monte took his mattress and stuff and moved to Kevin's back deck.  It is covered and quite a nice size.  He loved it out there!  He has always loved sleeping on outside chilly decks!

On the last day we drove to Oliver, stopping at wineries and fruit stands.  We had so much fun!  And we bought wine and fruit like it was going out of style!  Fifty pounds of apples for Tandy and Kevin and forty pounds for Ange and me.  Applesauce time.

I have three freezers that I complain about being too full...and they are for sure.  Now I need to make room for all the bags of frozen applesauce.  Plus I want to stock up on meat...Monte is about to launch into a paleo diet and will be needing lots of meat and vegetables.  So I solved that problem.  I went on The Brick and bought another chest freezer!  It is being delivered on my birthday.  Very fitting I say.  And that is next Friday!  Best present ever!!!

So now I am at Ape's and Myles til Monday.  Monte will swing by Mon. morn. and pick me up and I have a rest on the one o'clock ferry.  I wanted to leave enough time to stop at Costco on the way home.  I am really looking forward to getting home.  Things to do!!!  

Stay safe, happy and busy!!!!  TTYL

'Swallowing a spoon of squash soup, feeling it coat my throat, and slide down to my belly.' Jennifer Handford

CUTTING ATEMPT

THE AFTERMATH OF THE EXPLOSION


THE AMOUNT SAVED

WELL BLOGSPOT STRIKES AGAIN.  VIDEOS CAN'T BE LOADED I GUESS.  WHY DID I THINK THEY WOULD?

No comments:

Post a Comment