Friday, October 7, 2022

FANTASTIC WEEK AND A HALF

 Well it has been a slice and a half this last week!!!  To go from never ever seeing any of my kids to seeing two of them in the space of a week is mind boggling!!!  I miss them all so much and just don't get to see them enough!

We packed up the van a week ago Wed.  We managed to fit the twin bed mattress into the back of the van for Monte to sleep in while we were at Kevin's.  The trip back to April's with LeeLoo was uneventful.  And the next two days at her place was amazing.  They fed me extremely well and heard stories of their trip to Scotland.  Clearly they had a most wonderful amazing trip.  They saw so much stuff, stuff I didn't even know was in Scotland!  And they ate toad in a hole, giant yorkies, haggis, blood sausage....and drank copious pints of weird beer.  And they stayed in some of the most amazing B&B's.  April did have to go the studio one day to work and came home so happy.  She met so many people that were important to her.

Monte and I had a fantastic trip up to Penticton to Kevin's.  We mosied.  We did plan to not get there til after supper.

In Princeton we took a few minutes to show Monte the Princeton Castle Resort, the very odd place the women's retreat was held at several times.  You can't describe that place to people.  It is sooooo odd.  We did decide to go home the same way we went up, there are two or three choices of routes, and again mosie so that we can use our cameras and take shots, all the shots we missed on the way up.

The other thing we are going to do is get apples.  The fruit stands are crazy loaded right now.  Ange and I want to make applesauce and can it.  We passed some pretty amazing fruit stands!

And when we got here we could see in the front room window and they were all there waiting.  It was so good to see them.  The kids are growing up so fast and K & T were happy and healthy.  We had a fabulous evening.

I am doing all the cooking, with Elise as sous chef.  It's a challenge!  Kevin is vegan, Tandy is vegetarian and the kids are normal.  Egads!!   But I love a food challenge.  Last night I made beet root spaghetti sauce and noodles.  They all ate it and liked it.  It turned out to be a lot of work!  Almost did me in!  Thank goodness for Elise's help!  And I have no idea what it tasted like.  I cooked it blind as they say.  No tasting.  I was super nauseated last nite, don't know what the heck came over me but there was no way I was going to put even one centilla of a piece in my mouth. But I have made enough spaghetti sauces in my life to just do what I usually do.  And apparently it turned out really good.  They all loved it.

So now I am watching ink master.  They have a tv now!!!!!!!!!!  Amazing!!!!!!!  Kevin and I watch all the reality shows, the competition ones, not the Kardashian type!  He is several episodes into the new season of Ink Master.  So while he is working I am catching up and then we will watch new episodes together.  We totally bond over reality shows!

Well back to the show.  And dinner planning.  This is a fun awesome time!  Stay safe, healthy and happy.  Talk later.

'I sustain myself on the love of family.'  Maya Angelou




No comments:

Post a Comment