Wednesday, September 28, 2022

 I thought I would get a head start on this post whilst I wait for Monte.  We are going to the sushi place for some sushi supper.  They make takoyaki balls...only the most awesome thing you can get in sushi...and not all places make them.

We first saw them in a Japanese place in a giant mall, the Alamoana Mall in Oahu one year.  We could watch them make them.  They had massive grills like stove tops, with round molds in it to cook the balls.  They are mushy, no clue what's in them, with a wee piece of octopus or squid in the centre and they turn and turn them in these molds.  They come out crispy on the outside and soft and creamy on the inside.  Then they squirt Japanese mayo over them and sprinkle them with creepy fish flakes (Benito) that look like paper and they wiggle as the heat rises from the balls.  They are soooooo good!!!  I will put a pic below.

This week has been a conundrum of appointment shifts and plans.  I managed to convince my pharmacist to give me an extra month of pills without a doctor's approval.  Bless him!  I did get my vaccine.  I almost didn't.  It showed that I had already gotten it on that Monday that Shoppers cancelled it because they ran out of vaccine.  So it took forever for them to straighten that fiasco out.  But shot up I am.

Today I was going to go renew my driver's license.  But the renewal place is tiny and crammed with people.  And not one was wearing a mask.  I am not fully protected from my shot yesterday for two more weeks so as long as I renew before the 21st I will be fine.  We are due back here by the fifteenth.  That tiny office is also Service Canada and Disability and Welfare.  And it can be pretty scary in that waiting room.  

As usual I have left my organizing and packing til the last minute.  I gotta do laundry!  And I need to pack a cooler full of the things I will need in Penticton.  Curry stuff, cranberry sauce, my external hard drive, I need help with it, and a ton of things coming in this week, I hope, from Amazon...all vegan snacks and food for Kevin and Tandy.  

So this is short today.  Not a whole lot to report.  I am amazed you guys still hang in here and read these posts.  They are so mundane and boring.  I am hoping they will pick up when we get back.  I will feel more comfortable going out in public and doing things.  Now I am going to attempt to put pics of takoyaki on here.  Stay safe and talk soon.

'We have a name for sushi in Georgia....bait.'  Blake Clark







No comments:

Post a Comment