Sunday, September 4, 2022

WHINE

This is a whine so please feel free to skip this post.  I just need to get this off my chest, or should I say back.

I cannot bend over.  Well actually I can but that then is the end of my ability to walk around or stand for at least a half hour.  Who the hell knows why, but bent over is fine, it's the coming back up.  The minute I stand back up my tailbone lights on fire and stays that way.  I have to bend back over and shuffle to my chair and sit.  The minute I sit it completely goes away like it's all better.  But I have to stay sitting for at least a half hour or the burning pain is indescribable.  Grrrrrrrr.....

This conundrum reeks havoc with cooking supper.  Hahaha!!!  You should see the floor.  I know better than to bend over to pick something up.  I thought when we lost our last dog the floor became dirty.  Well it ain't equal to the kitchen floor after I cook dinner.  I am going fast so I can get in as much as possible in twenty minutes, the length of time  til my back starts to hurt bad enough I have to sit.  As a result lettuce, vegetables, anything I am chopping ends up on the floor.  Pieces of paper towel, plastic wrap off  food etc...  It's pretty bad!

The funniest thing happened.  Monte and I had to go do an errand.  After he got a hamburger we drove down to the river quay and just sat in the jeep and visited while he ate.  My phone dinged.  It was a text from April.  She sent me a text she had just got from her friend Alice.  She said that "your mom and brother are in their jeep sitting right behind us!"  Her friend Alice moved to Port and I guess she has seen pics of us that April has posted.  She was gone by the time I got this message.  LOL!!!  This happened in North Van too with another of April's co-workers.  I was sitting at a table in Whole Foods and this lovely girl came over and asked if I was April's mom.  So funny!!!!

Another incident...The three of us in this house are quarantining right now in prep for Monte and my trip to Vancouver.  Ape and Myles are heading to Scotland on the 11th. (9/11) and we daren't take the chance of giving them covid.  As a result when my bro phoned to tell me they were here in Port this weekend, I had to turn them down for a visit.

Yesterday about noon the phone rang.  It was Stan.  he told me to go out on the deck, go to the very left edge and look at Quality Foods (we back on the QF parking lot).  So I did just that and way over there was Stan in his truck, waving like a crazy person out the window!!!!  We were on the phone so we visited a bit, long distance!!!!!  It was awesome!!!

Well there is an extreme aroma of onions wafting through the house.  I best go check on it.  I also need to prep my eggplant for eggplant parmigiana I am making for dinner.  It had better be better than last nite's total and complete terrible awful flop of a meal.  I will tell you about that next time, if I remember.  Stay safe, have fun and talk soon.

"His cooking is so bad the flys fix the screens."  Rodney Dangerfield. (Bill's fave comedienne)



HOLY HANNAH....GETTING OLD...AT LEAST MY HAIR IS CURLY, AND WET!!! THAT IS MY SELFIE FROWN.

No comments:

Post a Comment