Saturday, September 24, 2022

THIS IS TURNING OUT TO BE A ONCE A WEEK BLOG

 That's what happens when you have no life.  It's pretty sad when the most activity you get is chasing shitting cats or flower eating deer (yard rats) out of your yard.  Having Leeloo has sure made a difference to me.  I take her out three or four times a day.  So, going from never going out except for purposeful walks, this walking her has been good.  I have met neighbours, met dogs, met bears, all exciting and better than sitting in my chair.  I have actually enjoyed it.  Note to self...must get dog.

Speaking of which, I keep reading articles in the paper about how the dog pounds are overloaded with dogs.  Yet I can't find one.  We would like to have a German shepherd, an older one.  I keep looking but....I am also a believer that the right dog comes along at the right time. 

I need to make a banana trifle.  Tomorrow evening is dinner with Ange and Monique and 90 Day Fiancé.  It's so much fun watching that show and trashing it.  LOL!!!  The three of us rotate bringing mains, sides and dessert.  And tomorrow it's my turn to make dessert.  

And now it's time to get the van ready for our trip to Vancouver to return LL and then on to Penticton to see the grandkids!!!!  I saw them when we were camping but that was too loud and peopley and not much chance to get close.  Seeing them everyday makes such a difference.  We will be there for about a week.

But their house is quite small and now the kids are at an age and stage where they need their bedrooms.  And Monte is just too big for their house.  So we are rigging up a bed for him in the van.  We can run an extension cord out of the house to the van parked in the back for his cpap.  I can't wait to see them all.  I am dying to talk to Tandy about her job.  At least what she is allowed to talk about.  She works for Revcan.  And Kevin is making a website for the company that makes my walker.  It is the only Canadian company that makes them! And Fenton has finished taking piano lessons.  He can play Moonlight Sonata.  I told Kevin to tell him to keep practising it til I get there.  I want to hear him play it!

Today is Saturday.  I was supposed to get my vaccine last Monday.  Shoppers Drugs phoned to tell me they ran out of vaccine and would I please come back on Wed anytime between nine and three.  Oh geez.  So I got myself up and out by nine, arrived and there was a ton of people there.  Oh man!  I left.  I can't stand that long frankly.  In the meantime I got an actual invite through email so I made an appointment for the 27th.  The full two weeks won't be over when I go up to see the kids, but it will be a week which is better than nothing.

Well I am off to Walmart's back door to get my groceries I ordered last night.  As annoyed as I am with Walmart, always being out of stock or not having it to begin with, I will never go back to shopping in person.  I hate it, always have.  And sending Monte can be lethal.  I give him a very specific list with great admonitions to not add anything to it, he always comes home with extra stuff.  Good stuff but jeez money and no room.....

Thats it today.  Take care, stay safe.  Talk later!


'She didn't care that people called her a bitch.  "It's just another word for feminist," she told me with pride.'  Gayle Forman, 'If I Stay'

THIS PIC WAS ON APRIL'S BUCKET LIST.  SHE EVEN TOOK SOME PRECIOUS SPACE IN HER TINY BACKPACK FOR THOSE HORNS.  CRAZY GIRL.

OUR NIGHTLY WALKABOUT


MY COSMOS FINALLY BLOOMED




No comments:

Post a Comment