Tuesday, September 13, 2022

I WON'T BE SURPRISED IF YOU GUYS GIVE UP ON ME

My apologies...this is about the longest I have gone not blogging.  Geez...the time whizzes by and it's coupled with not a whole lot happening.  I am back in Port.  I am with dog. And trying to get back on my way of eating...low carb and low potassium.  So exciting, right?

We had a fantastic time in Vancouver.  Monte stayed with Graeme and visited his friends.  I didn't move much off April's couch.  I always love staying with them.  We have such a good time.  Monte picked LL and I up and we caught an afternoon ferry.  I think Myles and April are going to miss her.  

Leeloo is sure good for me!!!  Up and out the door in the morning around six or seven.  I take her for her morning walk and ablutions.  Another walk at lunch then before bed.  So far all without my walker but I must admit I could have used it this morning.

It was interesting being out and about over the last week.  We never go anywhere except the odd trip to Nanaimo.  I found it kind of shocking and off-putting how cavalier and uncaring the public is with Covid.  There are a lot of people out there that simply can't risk getting that flu and even wearing a respirator you are at risk.  And basically not one person is wearing a mask.  Yet covid is at it's highest since the beginning.

  I don't know why we even bothered shutting things down, having a vaccine card etc.... Now when it's as bad as it's ever been, nobody does anything.  We went from - I didn't know a single person who had had covid to I don't hardly know a single person who hasn't had it. Why do you think that is?  The only thing that has changed is not wearing masks anymore and no distancing.  And compromised people can just stay home I guess.

On Oct. 2nd we are heading back to Vancouver to return LL.  Monte is coming with me and after spending a night or two with April and Myles he and I are heading up to Penticton for a week.  Monte is too big for Kevin's house!  So we are going to figure out how to make a bed in the van for him.  Also that way he can sleep all day if he wants to. 

 He may have to fend off hobos though.  Every night when I was sleeping there up in Elisa's bedroom with the window open, you could hear them out in the alley rummaging thoroughly through IGA's dumpsters.  Kevin said he can park the van in the back.  If any hobo tries to get into his van he can fight them off.  LOL!!!

I think I came close to being involved in a dog napping.  And I don't mean sleep.

On the way home on the ferry, LL was sitting on my knee, leaning out the window.  We were first on the ferry thus we were right out at the front in a middle lane.  The Jeep beside us was also beside us in the parking lot, an older couple.  The lady got out and came over to our van and proceeded to go freaking nuts over LL.  Holy hell!!!  She spent almost the whole two hours we were in the lineup at my window, gushing, super gushing over the damned dog.  Now, I know she is cute and all (pics below) but seriously, there is a Rubicon you are crossing here.

So, on the ferry they were again parked right beside us.  I shut the window in anticipation of constant attention.  I find it super annoying.  I used to find that annoying with my other two poms I had.  I remember.

Monte and I were talking and there was a knock knock knock at the window!  Really!!!  Are you serious????  I roll it down and it's jeep lady...again.  "oh I just had to come back to see her.  She and I are bonding, aren't we?  aren't we...(in a squeaky baby voice)".  I wanted to punch her in the solar plexus.

Then, near the end, when we were pretty much docked she asked if she could take her for a walk!  What the hell???  No, I replied. We are getting off shortly!  She argued with me.  All kinds of reasons why a little walk would do LL good.  I have a feeling, and I could be wrong, I was once, that I wouldn't see that dog again if I said yes.

  People just get stupid around cute dogs.  One time with Molly a woman was so enamoured with her she wasn't watching where she was going and totally bailed on the curb and did a face plant.  I'm sorry but I don't get it.

Well time to do some laundry.  Sigh.  I hate doing laundry. Monte and I are heading down to Nanaimo today or tomorrow.  I ordered a pair of cropped tights.  And....you should see them!  I even got a fairly small size, from Penningtons.  I don't know what is with fat lady stores.  They seem to think that cuz you are on the chunky side, all women who shop there have big broad wide asses and big wide huge legs.  I happen not to.  I am shaped like a barrel on a toothpick.  The pants that arrived were extremely well made, heavy and expensive and totally unwearable for me and quite laughable.  I showed them to Ange and she cracked up.  Immediately!  So they have to go back.  So take care everybody, stay away from sick people!!!  Talk soon.

'The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.'  anon


SHE HATES BEING DRESSED UP, WON'T MOVE




O
NOT LIKING IT



ONE OF OUR PORT ALBERNI STREETS






No comments:

Post a Comment