Tuesday, August 30, 2022

HABIT REFORMED

 I think I got used to not being on my laptop.  Since getting them back I have barely opened it.  Thus, the not posting for a while.

Not much has been happening around here.  The three of us have still managed to avoid the evil covid.  It's pretty rampant in this little village.  Starting next Friday we are hunkering down and not going anywhere until we leave on the sixth for Vancouver.  Stayin' clean til we have finished visiting April and Myles.  They just can't afford to get covid before their big trip.

Friday night was pretty exciting.  We had visitors.  Levi, Peter and their friend Eddy came for the night on their way to .....   Tofino of course.  I tell ya, I don't get it.  I really don't.  The town itself is an ugly little place with no view of the ocean.  And it is crammed plumb full of bougie Gucci overdressed, thirty somethings with the latest designer clothes on, strutting about. 

And, in my opinion only, the beaches are so damned boring.  Ocean all the way to Japan and sand from left to right as far as the eye can see.  And pathetic  piddly ass waves with people pretending to surf on them.  The skimmers are cool though.  I used to like to watch dogs at the beach.  They love it in the most carefree happy way.  But now there are no dogs allowed.  The next best thing is sitting around a fire and making a hot dog.  Thats not allowed now either.  But never mind.  I apologize for my rant.  I don't like Tofino.  I love Ukey though!!!

Anyway I cooked up a predictable roast stuffed chicken dinner.  I also made a chocolate banana cream pie and a vanilla banana cream pie.  I love to cook, even with a sore ass....hahaha!!!!  After dinner the boys sat around the dining room table, which was covered with liquor bottles of forty different types.  Peter, bless him, came over and sat with me and we had a lovely catch up.  He was looking so healthy and strong.  He starts his last two years university course in Social Work.  I am so proud of him.  It isn't going to be easy but he is motivated and determined.

Another new thing in our house.....every Sunday now, we have done it twice already, Ange's friend Monique comes over at four thirty and we have charcuterie or dinner, and watch that awful show 90 Day Fiancé.  Man it's so much fun.  The first night we ended up sitting on the deck til dark just gabbing  away like only older ladies can do!  Last night we got the bbq going (I say so easily) and I bbq'ed four rib eyes.  Yummy dinner!!!

Well I started this yesterday so I best finish it and get it posted.  Be careful out there peeps, don't get covid, don't cook in the heat and be patient in the traffic that will be starting up after the long weekend.  Talk soon.  I am changing my sign off.

 "Barbecue might not be the road to world peace, but it's a start."  Our fave chef....Anthony Bourdain


I bought four new tops.  Like you're interested!!!!  Lol!!!!

I WILL BE WEARING A DENIM VEST WITH THIS ONE


THIS ONE IS MY FAVE

MY MORE ADULT ONE!  LOL!!!


1 comment:

  1. We have also thus far avoided the big 'Rona...and we have traveled alot. But we are really serious with our shots and masking and stuff. Maybe we are just lucky. PS...the third top is my favorite too.....

    ReplyDelete