Saturday, August 6, 2022

I DID IT!!!!

Firstly I want to thank Karen for her awesome advice on the kind of walker to get.  I might have gone for an inexpensive walker as opposed to a skookum heavy duty more stable one.  And I am a hefty dame, not necessarily broad in the beam but huge every elsewhere!  Her suggestions were bang on.

It just so happens the very comprehensive walker/wheelchair/knee scooter/hospital bed etc store is literally one block away.  I could have walked there!  Haha!!

The lady was pretty helpful as well.  They had a lovely selection but not the one that Karen recommended, but a very close facsimile.  After trying them out, going for a dash around the building, shoving it over loose gravel and up and over curbs, I chose one.  I wanted red to match Gladys, but it was blue.  Oh well, like that matters .  It was a good day to get one as my freaking tailbone was extra sore for some reason.

So I bought it.  And last night I tried it out.  The three of us drove down to the marina where they have that paved pathway along the river. 

 At first I must admit I had a bit of a moment.  I could clearly see my shadow on the ground and I looked like an old lady.  My brain immediately said 'welcome to oldsville!'  And then I gave my head a shake, told myself to knock it off.  I mean I am almost seventy so old isn't bad...it's just a fact. 

 And I tell ya I whipped down that path to the end and back and not a twinge from my tailbone, or hip!!!  Now my arms...they were hurting. Obviously they aren't used to being used a whole lot!  That will change!  And I think I will raise the walker up.  The higher it is the better, at least for my arms.  All in all it was a great success.

I had Monte take my picture.  He took it through the windshield so there are dots on the pic but it gives you an idea.  I have already ordered a hanging bag for it where I can put a cup of coffee, bottle of water and even my laptop should I wish.  I love it!!!

Now I must get a wiggle on.  Dinner to plan, shower and hair washing day, and WALKING!!!!  Tonight we are going to just try walking around the neighbourhood.  I am going to take my camera.  Expect goofy pics to come!  Stay safe, be healthy and TTYL!

My quote today is an old idiom:  Pride goes before a fall.  Very literally.  If I was too proud to use a walker, I would definitely fall at some point.  LOL!!


COMFY!

JEEZ!  NICE HAIR LADY!!


1 comment: