Thursday, August 18, 2022

I'M BACK AND MY LAPPYS ARE BACK!!!

The lappys are back but they aren't the same.  At least the software hacked one isn't and everything has to be set up all over again.  I have never typed in my password so MANY times!!!!  I will see that word dancing in my brain all night!  But at least they are back and working.  Plus I have had to figure out where to go and what to do to get it all back to working.  When you buy a new laptop they walk you through all the different steps.  Not when someone has put in new operating systems though.  I had to go to preferences and figure it out.  Brain food.

It has been quite the week since I last posted on a laptop.  It's amazing how my brain just doesn't open up and work when I am poking letters on a phone as opposed to typing rapidly on a keyboard.  It's like those old phones that had three or four letters per number  and you had to push number one two times to get a B etc....I know people that actually do everything, from letter writing (Karen I will be emailing you!), emailing, googling etc. on their phones.  I did end up doing that, but not well and very reluctantly.  And I learned things.  Who knew you could actually dictate all your writings into your phone and it would write it!

We have made a trip or two to Nanaimo.  It is such a beautiful drive.  We pass through rock cliffs, gorgeous lakes, ocean shoreline, soaring snow topped mountains, a plethora of eagles swooping overhead, massive huge Douglas firs, a very large number of markets, little mom pop businesses, goats on the grassy roof of our biggest market and if you are lucky, as we have been from time to time, you will see whales breaching along side the highway.  And at the end of that one hour trip is a COSTCO!!!!!  What more could a happy human want?

We do have one complaint though.  The restaurants are so unpredictable in their open hours, everywhere.  It is supremely annoying.  We drove all the way to Parksville on the way home today to go to a Vietnamese restaurant Ange and I went to the other day.  She had an eye appointment right across the street from it.  The food was unbelievable!  Pho is pretty much my fave food.  I just love it and the one in that place is beyond amazing.

So today we decided to stop in and eat before coming home.  I was so looking forward to it.  We arrived at three.  I thought that was a good time as it wasn't a formal lunch or dinner time.  They were closed!  What the hell!!??  So we went over a few blocks to a Ramen place, closed.  We then went to the Korean place.  Closed.  For the day too, not for a break then opening at supper time.  And this is happening everywhere.  So we drove up to the next wee town to a non ethnic pub and I had the best fish pie.  Love fish pie.  So all was well in the end.

As I mentioned before, I think, we will be looking after Leeloo in September whilst April and Myles go to Scotland.  So, Monte and I are heading over a couple of days ahead of time.  Monte, after visiting with April a while, they haven't seen each other since Xmas, will head on downtown to stay with Graeme.  So in light of that, Ange, Monte and I will be self quarantining for four or five days before Monte and I go over.  We need to be so careful not to give them covid and covid is crazy rampant right now.  That would throw an awful spanner in their trip plans, never mind costing them thousands of dollars.  So we are going to be extra cautious.  I am going to load up the food in the house here and do the cooking for the three of us for those days leading up to our departure.  And we shan't have anyone come visit.

We are super looking forward to hosting the wee tyrant.  She is a fearsome little dog!  And it seems April is far more worried about what Leeloo will do to us than what we may do to her!  I think once she settles in she will be fine.  April has her trained to stay in the bedroom on the bed during parts of the day.  I think I will try to do the same routine here.  We shall see.

Well I gotta go.  It's good to be back on a really super clean laptop.  They cleaned it!  It's like taking your car in for a checkup and it comes back all healthy and clean!  Stay safe and enjoy the last of the summer.  TTYL

"I sometimes look into the face of my dog Stan, and see a wistful sadness and an existential angst, when all he is actually doing is slowly scanning the ceiling for flies."  Merrill Marco



EITHNE'S 3 HOUR OLD NOAH!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment