Tuesday, August 2, 2022

I AM SO SPOILED

This has been a lovely weekend!!!  Emily arrived and we had a wonderful visit the first evening.  It was soooo good to see her and get a chance to solve the world's problems!  We actually stayed up til three in the morning!

The next day, after a leisurely start, her boyfriend, a fairly new one, arrived from Cumberland, a couple of hours away.  What a gem he is!!!  I can't think of even one thing wrong with him!

First of all, after a nice big, but messy kitchen dinner of salmon, he and Em did all, and I mean all, the dishes and cleaning!  That just doesn't happen in this house.  Oh don't get me wrong, people definitely help after a meal.  But those two did every single thing possible that needed doing.  They figured out where stuff went and put it away.  They cleaned things that hadn't been cleaned for ages.  It was such a gift.

Then the next morning they announced that they were going to make dinner that night and after swimming, scrub my filthy dirty deck floor!!!!  I was about to do that when my tailbone went out and it benched me.  I couldn't believe my ears!!!

As it turned out my brother's daughter and grandson were in town so they all met up out at the lake and had an awesome day at the beach.  When they got home they made a most delicious dinner and cleaned the whole place up after.  Happy Sigh!!!!!! 

Now it is morning and the two of them are out on my deck scrubbing away.  Another happy sigh!!!!  They are amazing.

Yesterday Monte had a lovely, for him, experience that doesn't happen very often.  Emily was willing to hold his snake.  Monte loves Smooch to pieces but naturally people aren't all that excited to hold her.  It would be like having a super cute dog that no one is interested in.

So he brought her up and Em played with her for a long time.  Smooch doesn't stay still so you are always having to 'handle' her to keep her from slithering away.  It isn't all that relaxing.

Then the most amazing thing happened.  Smooch is very attached to Monte.  She is absolutely not used to being handled by others.  I think that is probably why she doesn't relax.  Monte went downstairs for a half hour to take advantage of the moment to clean her terrarium.  Em was okay with Smooch minding.

I was in the kitchen cooking and when I came back into the living room to check on her and Smooch, she was sound asleep, with a finger on her near her head and Smooch was asleep as well.  It was amazing!  As soon as Em settled down and started to snooze, Smooch did exactly the same thing!  Clearly she got right jiggy and comfy with Em.  Monte was ' so pleased!  Pics below.

Yesterday afternoon while the kids were making supper, Jeni and her friend Heather and their combined three kids came for a visit.  Man, we had a laughing awesome time!!!  And then in came Emily and Drew with a giant platter of canapés.  They were toothpicks with a half of a cherry tomato, basil leaf and baratta type cheese and drizzled with sweetened balsamic.  The kids, and us, loved them!!!  So good to see them all!

Well I think it is time to get off my duff and try to do something.  This sitting around ain't good.  In fact I seem to remember I was going to mention a decision I made.

So here goes.  I am going to get, or rent, a walker.  I know this seems pretty 'out there' but I can't walk.  Even before the tailbone fail, my hip kept me from moving around much.  I was shopping, reluctantly, the other day in Save-On and I noticed that pushing the buggy made all the difference.  Even back when I had babies in buggies, walking was easier.  And that gave me the idea of getting a wheeled walker.  

We have a wonderful paved walkway along the river and I would be so happy to walk down there.  And if I get great big wheels I will be able to go over rough terrain or sand.  I am really looking forward to it frankly.  I am going stir crazy not leaving the house ever.  When he and I were down at the marina where we sit in his van and listen to music, it is at the start of that walkway and we see people with walkers disappear down it.  I wanna be one of them.

Well enough talk. Time to get something to eat.  I am starving and there are lots of yummy leftovers in the fridge.  Mmmmmm.....Stay safe and healthy! TTYL

'If there is a wheel, there is a way!'  Anonymous 

A SLEEPING EM AND SMOOCH

WOULDN'T STAY STILL

THE DINNER THEY MADE


HE DOESN'T EVEN DRINK MUCH!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment