Friday, March 22, 2024

WALMART....MOST UNFAIRLY MALIGNED CONGLOMERATE!!

This town would be totally hooped without Walmart.  There is no other store with low prices.  Oh, there are lots of small mom pop shops that we are forever being told to support.  Which I would if they had the stuff I want at equally low prices to Walmart.  But they don't.  There is a Canadian Tire...but there again, their prices are too high.  Especially with good ol' Wally right across the street from them.  I guess if I needed car parts I would go there.  But I don't.  I just need house parts and groceries.

Well I now get my groceries delivered.  The only downside to that is the forced tip we have to add on.  Door Dash does the delivering.  I am not against tipping but we are already paying a premium, well a Wally premium, on the groceries, I don't really want to add to it.  But something happened today that has made me even happier with Walmart.

Yesterday I made an order for a delivery today, at nine this morning.  It was an absolutely enormous order.  I will be indiscreet here and even say how much it was.  It was just under five hundred dollars.  It's all I need to feed six people for the next ten days. With an order that size which included some oddball stuff, vegan stuff, I expected some of the products to not be available.  It happens.  I then waddle across the alley to QF for the missing items.  So I needed to get it done today.  Oh I need to mention...Monte bought them for me.  Things are tight at the moment and he super stepped up!!!

Twelve paper bags of groceries were delivered  right on time.  I got the itemized order up on my phone and checked off things as I put a million things away.  And guess what?  Twenty items were not there.  I added it up and it was 72 bucks worth of stuff, missing.  What the hell?  (big time shovel list)

The next hour was involved with phone calls that didn't work, people that didn't understand blah blah blah.  I finally got a person that oversaw all the online delivery and curbside groceries and she was suitably upset by my dilemma.  We hung up with a promise from her to call me back.  Long story short and a few convos later and me reiterating the list to her over the phone, she made a final phone call.

She told me that she had rounded up all the items and bagged them and handed them off to the door dash people and they were on their way to me as we spoke.  But, and here is the amazing part, she told me that she had refunded me 75 bucks as a 'we are sorry for your trouble' and all the items were replaced....FOR FREE!!!!!!!  I was astounded!!!!  That 75 will cover my usual five dollar tips for a little while!  And I got everything...except vegetable broth and ribs.  I am happy!!!!


Well this is a fast post today.  My charger bit the dust and another doesn't come for a couple of days.  My lappy is dying as I type this.  So back in a few days!!!  TTYL


 

No comments:

Post a Comment