Sunday, March 31, 2024

FABULOUS WEEK...

Kevin just texted me to say he is home.  They left this morning early to get the ferry and get home in time for dinner.  And I miss them....so much.  The house is so quiet.  I so enjoyed the kids.  They have become, not by accident, truly fine people.  Their parents are probably the best parents I've known.  So concerned about their screen time, phone time and healthy eating.  But most of all they were truly the most consistent parents on the planet.  And that combination of raising them so carefully absolutely showed up in the children's characters.  One is 13 and the other 16.

Every night as soon as dinner was done, up they got and cleared the table, loaded the dishwasher, washed the pots and pans and put all the food away.  And there wasn't even one complaint or resistance.  I must say I was pretty impressed, and grateful!!!

Every evening we would play games and then Kevin and Tandy would go downstairs to their room around 8:30.  The kids would have to have lights off at 10:30 so we would watch cooking shows and visit and just spend time together.  I loved it.  I don't get to spend a lot of time with them so this time was very special.

On their last night Stan and Antonia came for dinner.  So it was a real true blue family night.  It was wonderful.  All you people out there that gather with members of your family, don't take it for granted and be really mindfully grateful.  

Well I am going to sign off now.  I am about to watch a tv show called 500 Days in the Wild.  A woman traversed the Trans Canada Trail and filmed it as she went.  It is an incredible story.  So I shall be back in a couple of days.  TTYL

'Becoming a grandmother is wonderful.  One moment you are just a mother.  The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.'  Pam Brown

I MADE THEM EGGS BENNY ONE MORNING....

DIALED IN

A VERY WISE GIRL!

MOM AND DAD

THIS DOLL HAS A BUTTON.  THE DOLL GIGGLES AND CRIES LIKE A REAL BABY.  CARA...STAN'S DOG, WENT NUTS!!!!  KIKI, KEVIN'S DOG TOTALLY IGNORED IT.









No comments:

Post a Comment