Wednesday, April 3, 2024

A SHOCKING EVENT IN OUR FAMILY

 I shall get to the event momentarily. First a catchup.  

After K&T left, Stan asked if I would like to join them for breakfast at Pescadories, known as Pesky's in our house.  I absolutely jumped on that invitation!!!  This is the second or third time I have gone with them.  I always get Stan to order for me, the same thing he gets.  I put a pic at the bottom!  But this time I couldn't eat it all.  I had to bring home a bunch and eat it later.

Over the last few years I would occasionally take a sleeping pill, or rather a quarter of one.  They are strong!  If I took a whole one I am pretty sure I would sleep for a week!

But a quarter of one knocks me out for basically 24 hours.  It kind of comes and goes.  I wake up, all groggy and swimmy in the head, then go back to sleep, for the 24 hours.  I love it.  But...if something happened and I had to perform the next day I would be up the creek!  Consequently, I plan pretty carefully.  I tell everyone I ain't cookin' that night and I will be comatose on my chair!  

I don't sleep much.  No matter when I go to bed I always, always, wake up at three and that's it.  I may doze afterwards off and on but I don't go back to sleep.  But I have never needed much sleep, but eventually it catches up.  And that is when I plan a sleeping pill.  And then I am good to go for another couple of months!

Now for the shocking event.  I have a huge huge family on my dad's side.  Every five years we have a massive family reunion.  As a result we all know each other and are quite close.  There are about 30 plus first cousins and many many second and now third cousins.  

One of the cousins in Kelowna has a number of adult children and grandchildren.  One of his sons owns Adventure Trucks, he outfits trucks with tents on top of them etc...  They are quite amazing!!!

Someone who is an acquaintance of his, the son's, entered his business, shot him, set fire to the business and then shot himself.  At least that is what we know so far.  Jeez!!!  This is a god fearing family, good good people!  This just doesn't happen in families like that!  I guess the police are figuring it all out right now, as is the family.  Stan phoned Jack, the dad, and sent our love and condolences.  Man, Jack just lost his wife to stomach cancer recently.  Just an awful awful time for him and the family.

Well I guess I had best get on with my day.  There is one helluva stack of dirty dishes to load into a fully loaded dishwasher of clean dishes.  Sigh.  Plus I am hungry!  I don't remember eating much yesterday.  I shall post soon.  TTYL

'What nicer thing can you do for someone than make them breakfast?'  Anthony Bourdain


RANCHO OEVOS (SP?). AND THAT IS CORNBREAD, TOASTED ON THE PLATE!!!

LOOK OUT STAN!!!  SHE'S GOT HER EYE ON YOUR BREAKFAST!!!

SMILES PEOPLE!!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment