Friday, September 28, 2018

GYM TIME

I finally did it.  I have been so reluctant to get in there for a couple of reasons.  One, not the least of the two reasons in importance, is because of my medication and what it does to me.  And , sorry about the tmi, I seem to have to run to the loo constantly and if I don't actually make it, well it will bring humiliation to a whole new level.  (Shovel List).  The other reason is pukiness.  Jeez you'd think I was pregnant, and wouldn't that be a jeesly miracle.  I don't have a granny nanny around to take over my kids so no kids will be had here!  

But there is hope on the horizon.  I went to the Dr. the other day and the news was good!  My A1C (3 month average blood sugar) was down to almost normal and my cholesterol dropped as well.  So I asked him for a time release alternative to the drug that is causing all the problems.  So we shall see as time goes by.  I don't think people understand the cold fear that runs through you when you think you can't make it.

Saturday was the strategy planning Kiwanis day.  Then in the afternoon Kathy and I took Ainsley and Stirling to the Little Big Science Centre.  What a hoot that was!!!  I don't think I remember what I did on Sunday.  Monday was the awesome positive doctor's appointment.  Tuesday I was having a sick day so missed the Kiwanis meeting.  On Wednesday I did something.  I can't remember what it was.  I think Kathy and I did go across the river to buy beets at a market store.

That night though we did something awesome.  Firstly I made another lamb shank dinner and had Kathy and Kerry down for dinner.  Then we went to a comedy show!!!  It was so much fun and we laughed and laughed.  The three comics were quite famous and very very funny.  Its such a fantastic experience, sitting in a full theatre and everybody's endorphins at their max.

Then came yesterday.  I was invited over to Kathy and Kerry's to watch the Ford vs. Kavenaugh hearings.  It was soooo interesting and I am super glad I watched it.  Dr. Ford was so amazing and Kavenaugh was a bully.  Lots of fodder for discussions.

This morning I finally got my act together and went to the gym with Kathy.  She meets with several women there...they call themselves the gym bags.  After the gym we go to McD's for coffee and conversation.  All the women are about our age and its such an awesome feeling to be with like minded people.  Lots of groups of older men meet for coffee there too.  Us oldsters just know how to roll!

Afterwards Kathy and I went and did some shopping, she got a hair cut and we stopped at a Chinese store.  I bought frozen dim sum.  In Walmart I bought chicken and when I got home I made a big pot of chicken and dumplings, divided it up and took some up to the Bootles.  And once again we went downstairs to their tv and watched more CNN.  

Now I am home, under my cozy blanket, in my big old red recliner, watching Blue Bloods and after writing this I will be playing Freecell.  Life is grand it is. TTYL  

No comments:

Post a Comment