Saturday, September 1, 2018

I SEE LONDON I SEE FRANCE I SEE.....

I am sitting in our Paris apartment, sipping hot coffee and enjoying a beautiful sunrise over Paris. There is just a special feeling you get in Paris.  I'm not sure what it is or how to describe it, but it just makes me feel very cosmopolatan!!!  The only thing marring it is I am freaking hungry.  I have kind of done my own thing over the last couple of days and eating isn't really one of them.

Although the last night in London we three went to the Tattershol Castle Pub.  Its on a boat on the river.  After a few gins and a pimms, we ordered fish and chips to share.  It was delicious!  And other than a couple of snacks yesterday, that was the last of the food.  

We left the hotel at 11 dragging our luggage and caught the tube to Russell Square.  There is a lovely outdoor mall there.  I sat at Starbucks with the luggage whilst the kids roamed about.  I am reading a stellar book right now so was quite happy to sit and read and people watch.  

After a bit we moved to St. Pancras train station.  Again I found a lovely place to sit and bag watch while the kids went around to all the shops in there.  Eventually it was time to get the train.

And then, as we were passing through customs, a crazy scary unexpected event happened to Myles!!!  And I can't tell you about it until after the trip because his mom reads this blog and he wants to tell his folks the story himself first!!!!  So I promised I wouldn't tell about it till after.

The train ride was awesome...so fast.  We couldn't see anything though because it was dark out.  But when we go back to London to Heathrow on the 7th it will be in the afternoon.

Today, if the kids ever get up, we are going to hike it out for food then to that famous falafel place April and I went to the last time we were here.  Its quite a ways to walk, over the river etc...I think we may go into Notre Dame as well.  Our hotel is quite near it and we haven't been inside that church before.  Then dinner in the Latin quarter.  Our hotel is halfway between the Latin quarter and the Muse D'Orsay...our favourite art gallery. Tomorrow we may do that.   There is an extremely ornate beautiful dining room at the D'Orsay that Bill would take us to, so we may do lunch there.

One thing we definitely plan on doing is a picnic on the Seine riverbank at night.  Baguette, French butter, tomato, delicious cheese and a bottle of wine....so French its almost a cliche.  

April is sick.  She picked up a right nasty cold and is hacking and coughing and sneezing.  Poor kid.  But it certainly isn't slowing her down any.  Myles has been amazing.  As it turns out, my fifty pound suitcase, new to me, doesn't roll very easily.  It almost rips my shoulder out.  So when we have a long distance to go he drags or rolls it for me.  And even on short trips he packs that sucker up and down any stairs.  I feel like a helpless old lady.

It really bugs me when people pack to the point where they can't manage their own luggage.  Bill used to do that.  I would get my carry on stuff down to one small back pack so I didn't have to carry anything.  But Bill would have a drag along carry on suitcase, a huge heavy backpack, and a fairly large bag you had to carry, with his cpap in it.  And he used a cane.  So how was he going to carry and drag all that stuff?  ME!!!  So I developed a not so nice attitude towards people that don't maintain themselves.  And now I seem to be one of those.  I don't like it.  And thank god for Myles.

I heard from the kennel and I guess Wrangler is sick.  My poor puppers.  The kennel phoned me just before I left to tell me that kennel cough was going around up there.  Wrangler has had is shots for it so I wasn't too worried.  But he has picked it up anyway.  If he gets too bad they will take him to his vet and get him checked out and maybe some meds.  Poor Wrangler.  I miss him.

Well, it is 8:30 now.  We didn't come to Paris to sleep.  I think I will start slinging stuff around and making noise...get those kids going.  I AM HUNGRY!!!!  TTYL
LONDON EYE....I AM PUTTING THIS HERE FOR THE PEEPS I AM NOT FRIENDS WITH ON FB


SUNRISE OUT OUR PARIS HOTEL WINDOW

TRAIN STATION

DRINKING A GUAVA COLADA...NOT HER NORMAL DRINK


No comments:

Post a Comment