Monday, June 17, 2019

COMPANY AND DINNER AND......

THIS STUPID BLOGSPOT NEVER DOES WHAT ITS SUPPOSED TO.  THIS AND THE OTHER ONE WAS SUPPOSED TO GO AT THE BOTTOM.  WHY IT DIDN'T IS BEYOND ME.

Firstly I want to thank Sharri for her suggestions on the last post.  I do believe I am going to do exactly what she suggests.  I am going to talk to the mayor, and not just about that. 

 We have cruise ships coming into Port now for the first time.  At first there were a lot of naysayers, but its turned out to be amazing for our little town and for the First Nations people.  They  welcome the cruisers coming in on tenders with the most beautiful music and dancing.  They come in at the quay where there are lots of little shops and eateries and gift shops.  But we could be doing so much more....offering adventures and tours.  All it takes to make things happen is...a village!

Well since my last post we had overnight visitors.  Austin and Samantha arrived Thursday night.  We had a late dinner and a ton of conversation.  I got caught up on everything Austin...and believe me there was lots to catch up on!  I also got to know Samantha, an awesome gal who grew up in Nanaimo.  We had such a good visit.  They toodled off for Tofino the next morning in his decked out 1980 something Westfalia!  So cool!  He brought his electric guitar and did some jamming...pics below. (actually scattered about most inappropriately!)

Monte and I made a sunny fun trip to Coombs.  We went through the whole place this time and saw weird and wonderful stuff...managed to not buy anything!  What a crazy place it is.  They have goats on the grassy roof, which is great, but they are always watering it and the water runs off onto the surrounding area...which can't be healthy given what goats do.  Ewwwww!

In the actual marketplace we bought a few odd things....weird cheese to try, maple syrup, anchovy spread, mushy peas, bacon, cannoli, etc....eclectic bunch of stuff.  Oh and peanut and pecan brittle.  Mmmmmmm.....just what a fat diabetic needs!

We go for drives every day.  I am always looking for pics, I will put a couple below, and what I find most interesting though are the properties we pass by.  There are a lot, and I mean a lot, of what Bill and I would call 'dog patch' areas.  Boy, they have the most interesting front yards and ancient old houses and jalopies (Monte had never heard that word before.....we also call them hoopties).  I think I was a born snoop.  Next trip out I will try to get some pictures of the most interesting ones.

Yesterday we went to the store and bought picnic stuff, reminiscent of Bill I bought tomatoes, crusty bread and mayonnaise.  We drove about 15 kilometres out to the Stamp river.  We ended up parking off the side of the road, had our picnic and headed back.  We didn't even walk down to the falls!  What a couple of losers!  Hahaha!!!

I am having endless trouble with my stupid dentures.  Even though crazy glue works, it only works for a while.  They keep breaking apart and now I think the glue has built up enough on them that they aren't quite tight glued so they throw my teeth off and hurt the gums.  If I keep this up I will def loose weight....I can't eat, it hurts.  Don't you spell lose lose?  Loose means my clothes get loose from not eating...but when I type lose I get a red line.  Dammit!  I am going to have to look it up.

Well Monte is off with his case worker.  She comes by every other Tuesday to not only check on him but to take him out somewhere...clothes shopping, groceries, buys him breakfast or today they are going to the public gardens.  He loves gardening and she is showing him where he can either volunteer of grow his own plot.  We aren't quite set up for it here yet but for sure next year.

Okay enough said for today.  TTYL


IN KAMLOOPS MONTE CREEK

ITS BILL'S BIRTHDAY TOMORROW......SUCH A TYPICAL PIC OF US

ENGLISHMAN RIVER FALLS

ON ONE OF OUR JAUNTS....SO MANY SHADES OF GREEN

THE RIVER

I JUST LIKE LOOKING AT THIS

PEOPLE THOUGHT WE WERE CRAZY BUT RIGHT AFTER HE GOT OUT EVERYONE WAS FIGHTING TO DO THE SAME THING!!!!

BILL SHOWED ME THIS....STILL MY ALL TIME FAVE CARTOON!



No comments:

Post a Comment