Monday, June 3, 2019

SAUERKRAUT AND PEROGIES AND SQUASH

Mmmmmmm......we have been eating squash practically every night.  We have almost become vegans!  Our plan was, and still is, to eat Paleo.  Monte has done it before, quite successfully.  I have not and I am not sure I will be able to.  There is a lot of meat involved and I just don't eat much meat anymore.  We shall see.  But squash is okay on Paleo and very very filling and way tastier than meat.

We went to Nanaimo today.  One of the things I have been on the lookout for is a bbq.  I want a good tabletop, not too big a one and definitely over 1000 BTU's.

So whilst Monte headed into Tom Lee I headed into this incredible outdoor store.  Its called Calabes or something like that.  What an astounding store!  They sell everything from camping gear, bbq's, hunting stuff including rifles, decor for your cabin, fudge, huge fireplace at the front door with awesome leather furniture surrounding it etc.....lots of deer and moose heads mounted and on and on....clothes, cammo, 

They had a smaller tabletop bbq, their brand, 1200 BTU's and 99 bucks!!!  Sold!  So happy!!!  We got our deck all set up yesterday so tomorrow we will get the bbq going.  Oh, and I have to call BCAA to have Monte's van towed up to Canadian Tire tomorrow.  Time to get it fixed!  We have a lot of garbage to haul to the dump!!!!  Tank can't handle it.

The townhouse hasn't sold yet.  Clearly the price is too high for the market right now.  You know I have always felt that its better to list your place in the off times, not in the spring when a zillion other places are listed.  I prefer to list in the off times but this time I didn't have a choice so I am not sure what to do.  Its true I am not in a hurry per se, but insurance is more, and all the costs of the place continue.  I don't know what to do.

Arnie and Bradley are coming this weekend! I like it when company comes...it forces me to get things done!  I have things to do in their bedroom to finish it and I really need to get the dining room finished.

Then on the 22nd Cookie and Rabina are coming for a visit!.  Rabina lives in Nanaimo and Cook is going over for a weekend and they will make a day trip up to see us.  I am so excited!

Well time to go do the dishes!  Kitchen is a squashy perogee mess.  Talk to you later!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment