Wednesday, October 7, 2020

NO FURNACE...NOPE...NOT YET

 I am NOT turning on my furnace.  I am not doing it until I either see snow or its Nov. 15th.  Right now it is 17 degrees C/ or 64 F.  It's cold, but not cold enough to see my breath.  I am bundled up in my chair, blanket over me and slippers on.  Yesterday it went up to 24 outside but I don't think there's any hope for that today.

My microwave broke.  It sounds good.  It looks good.  It just doesn't heat anything.  Dangit!!!!  Its a built in over the stove one so this won't be a cheap fix or an easy one.  Whenever I decide to replace it it will have to be from a place that also installs.  In the meantime we shall have to get used to doing without, like Arnie.  She has never owned one.  I have a sneaking suspicion she doesn't have one  because  she thinks it will screw with her brainwaves, not for noble old school cooking.

Speaking of cooking, after all my talk about turkeys, I won't be doing one after all.  It is going to have to be a plump roasting chicken.  All the little turkeys in town are gone.  I guess with people's thanksgivings being super downsized, small turkeys are in demand.

  I am just cursed when it comes to turkey dinners.  They truly are my fave meal but it just seems that something always screws it up.  I could do a giant turkey but that is out of the question.  I just can't have acres of left over meat in the house.  But you know when you bury the meat under taters, sweet taters, stuffing, vegetables of some sort (the boys want Brussels...ewwww! shovel list)and gravy, well I guess the slide from turkey to chicken won't really matter.

I have a dilemma.  I have been having trouble with the ports on my laptop....one quit working and it looks like the other has too, just now.  My laptop will not charge.  Fuckadoodle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You pay five thousand for a laptop and thats what happens.  It's only three years old.  I am mad!!!! And there is nowhere to take the frigging thing on the Island to fix it.  So I am going to sign off, try to fix the problem.  Hopefully will be back soon. If it won't fix I am going to go to Walmart and buy a cheap piece of shit that will let me browse the net, send emails and blog.  Stay safe and noodle.  TTYL

ARNIE:

1.  Perform self massage....well gee...ummm...okay.

2.  Take a yoga class....that might work for you but me?  I can just see it now, I would be on hands and knees, stomach grazing the floor and then I would def NOT be able to get up.

3.  Do cat-cow yoga pose.  Holy jeez!!!  I read it and at one point you actually are to draw in your belly button to touch your spine.....on your hands and knees of course.  I mean seriously!  He just throws off the comment that 'just about everybody can do this pose and it should be mandatory in offices". Really?  That 'just about' is important.  Some of us plumpers would NOT be able to do this.  In fact the thought of it is seriously flawed.  Shut up!!!

4.  Reset your shoulders.  No Slumping!!!

5.  Strengthen your neck.  This is a good one.  He is talking about the front neck muscles...holds your head in place.  Get a soft spongy ball.  Stand facing the wall and place the ball between the wall and your forehead. Push against the ball firmly and hold it there for a few seconds and then let go, but keeping the ball there.  Repeat about ten times.  And try to do it several times a day on work days.  Good one!

Thats it!  Now I go solve my lappy's belly ache.

2 comments:

  1. Yoga with Adriene. Home yoga. It’s my jam! I’m on Day 265. There’s 6 different 30 day challenges plus hundreds more videos to choose from. She encourages to do what you can how you can. Find what feels good. Highly recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuckadoodle is now my new go-to word when the chips fall....

    ReplyDelete