Friday, October 2, 2020

UGLY CHAIR GONE!

 Well its done! NOT!! Getting the chair back to UPS had become almost, not quite, but almost impossible.  Plus when I reread the return instructions email, it was going to cost me eighty bucks!!!  And that eighty I feel is totally unfair.  It wasn't my fault that they completely misrepresented the colour.  If it had actually been the red that was in the picture I would have been over the moon!

  I phoned them and it became clear immediately that the risk of having to return an item for any reason other than the item is broken, was a risk the buyer signed up for.  So.....where's my hammer.  Just kidding!

Monte and I discussed.  I dug deep into my head to see if I could wrap my brain around that ugly colour and we decided to just keep it.  Its still in the box so I don't know but I am looking at it as a good exercise in mind control.  We will see.

I think I have mentioned before that I have a problem with my right eye.  If something is four feet or less in front of me, everything  the right eye is seeing, transposes over to the left.  If I am looking at a picture of one person in the middle of the sight field, my right eye puts that person to the left and I would swear the picture of one person is actually a picture of two people, side by side.  Past four feet you wouldn't even know I have an eye problem.

So things like reading, reading music, typing, poking the right thing on my phone screen etc...isn't so easy.  And there is one more thing that has become difficult to the point of almost impossible.  And that's tweezing my chin hairs.  Yup...not only are they hard to see but trying to pinpoint them is almost impossible.

And I don't know how to get around that.  Its not exactly something I can go, 'Um Monte...can you please come here?" Or I can't just leave them, I truly will end up the bearded lady.  And to make it more difficult they are white!  When they were black they were easy to spot, but now....

  I have a mirror that magnifies things a hundred times and that does help but it still takes me many stabs to finally grab the little critter.  Its amazing how I can zero in on one, twack the tweezers together, only to see the thing waving at me a good two inches in front of the tweezers.

  I would give up and leave it but Kathy and I were looking at a certain person we know who had very long sprouting hairies on her chin and we were like, 'Oh my God!  How can someone not see those in the mirror and then just leave them!!!!!' in a most scathing tone of voice.  So I am going to pluck those suckers come hell or high water.

We were heading up to Tofino tomorrow but I got a call from Stan and they are coming to Port this weekend.  So I let Toonykoot know that we would have to put our trip off til next week.  He graciously agreed.  I want to see my brother as often as possible.  I really miss my family.

They are coming today, bringing lunch with them...sub sammiches I believe..my fave.  And they will be here until after supper.  I was going to order four lamb dinners from our local Greek restaurant..they make the best lamb you ever ate. (I do eat meat on an 'as needed' basis)But I got a call from Antonia.  Apparently they are having Greek dinner the next night with the other friends they are seeing here.  So I changed it to spaghetti, which sounds pretty humdrum but we all love spaghetti and its been ages since I made it, which I did last night.  It's all ready in the fridge awaiting!  (see what I mean?  Why the F would blogspot make this paragraph gargantuas?  Shovel list shovel list shovel list!!!)

So now it's time for me to give Aryn the next five good living suggestions.  So stay safe and keep noodling.  TTYL

ARYN:

1.  Wear flat shoes.  Well thats a must for me but you are a young good looking woman.  Not sure if this is fair to you!

2.  Wear shoes that fit your feet, not the other way around.  Good advice I think.  Sure makes a difference to my back and hip. (thank you Kathy for that advice you gave me after the China trip)

3.  Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!  Walk like a runway model!!!  Hahaha!!!  Probably good advice and I am going to read the reasons and this can work for you but no matter how much I might channel a model, that 'ol hump in my back and my curvatures sure aren't going to help!

4.  Okay, I have tried really hard to not be sarcastic or scathing with this thing but I have my limits.  This next advice is...well...not doable for me.  It says...Walk backwards!  Probably good for balance etc but also good for looking like a total tool!

5.  Now this is a truly good one...stretch regularly.  When I was going to Curves we had to do a twenty minute regimen of stretch poses at the end.  I was shocked at how much good it did for limbering me up.  I think I am going to reimplement this one right away.

Thats it for this week.  No pics this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment