Monday, February 15, 2021

JEEZ ANOTHER DAY SAME OLD SAME OLD

 Yesterday I was sitting in my chair by the front window, like where else would I friggin' be, and I saw this kind of scruffy looking fella, fairly well dressed, long long grey hair and beard, coming down the sidewalk, pushing a grocery cart.  There wasn't much stuff in the cart.  As he got closer I recognized him..it was Pat!  He looked so wet, it was snowing and cold, and he just had a vest on, no coat. 

He turned in at our gate so I went down to meet him.  He stayed a safe distance back but pushed the cart up to me.  He told me that the things in the sitting part of the cart were for Monte and I for valentines.  It was three beautiful deep red roses, a charcuterie board of cheeses, salamis, olives and peppers, and a beautiful Tuxedo cake.  So in his deepest misery about Angie, and his exhaustion, he still thought of us.  What a sweet man.  And on top of that he was wearing the black button down shirt we gave him and Bill's Tilly fishing vest...which brought back a lot of memories and looked fantastic.  What a sweet man.

And...our neighbour and his little boy shovelled our sidewalk!  People can be so kind and thoughtful.  And I just love watching their little Jacob.  He is six and the loudest, busiest kid ever.  I could watch him all day.  Nicole was pregnant when we moved in here and now their Hannah is running around just like her brother.  How time goes by when you aren't paying attention!

Cookie your comment made me laugh.  When I was writing all those things about being covidized, I was going: this one doesn't apply to Cookie, this one doesn't either, and this one definitely doesn't.  So when I read your comment I had to laugh.  I can just picture you, hair looking lovely, perfect earrings, makeup lightly applied, smelling fresh and clean with brushed teeth, in your baggy grey sweats sitting on the end of your couch drinking a cup of tea and maybe eating a piece of toast.  Jeez, I wish I could come visit!

I am sitting in my chair, in the same crap I have been wearing for a week, needing a shower and hair looking like hell, no makeup (don't own any) and my ear holes have pretty much healed over.  The worst part is I don't even give a hoot!

In my email I saw I had a Blue Mountain card sent to me.  I opened it and it was the most meaningful little card with a video of a cat sitting in a window looking out at a big dog gathering things up to make a valentine that the dog held up at the window for the cat.  In this pretty lonely time with no people in our lives, it was a pretty significant valentine.  It was from our dear dear friend in Omaha.  We met Dean on a cruise years ago and we became friends with him.  Since then we became FB friends too.  He means a lot to me and he always sends me cards, even on our Canadian holidays.  I would sure love to see him again one day.

I did make some art this week.  I went looking for my glue gun.  It's in one of the cupboards downstairs.  After pushing chairs, boxes, Rubbermaids, etc out of the way I went through the cupboards and of course, no glue gun.  But I did find a rug hooking kit I bought in Walmart in Kamloops and never even got started on it.  I brought it upstairs and got started.  I will put a weekly pic on here as it progresses.  We will see when the picture emerges!

I did make some almost cheating easy art.  I had a large piece of wood I found and I had small river rocks.  I made a candle river rock thingy.  So now there are three river rock things in a row on the coffee table.  I shall take pics.

I also made the most yummy drink.  I don't think it actually falls into the cocktail category, but it does have booze in it and its delicious.  You take a big mug and fill it half full of hot coffee.  Then you put in just under a half mug of hot chocolate, or if you prefer you can do it the other way around so there is more chocolate than coffee. I added some cream.  Then you pour in lots and lots of Fireball!  Mmmmm....I call it Mochaball.  It's delicious!  I mean you can't beat coffee, chocolate, cream and cinnamon!!!! If you are really into it you can make some cinnamon sugar and rim the mug.  Then to make it really fancy, take a marshmallow and wet the top and dip it in the sugar and float that on the drink.  Mmmmmmm!!!!!

So now for the next two challenges:

7.  Have a plastic free week.  This one might be tuff when you go shopping.  How do you buy ten onions and other fruit and veg without plastic.  I will have to think about this one.

8.  Rearrange one of your rooms in your house.  I just did that with my living room.  Well and my kitchen for that matter.  Hmmmm....I have an idea.   Rather than not do it because you like the way your rooms are right now, try just changing one thing in the room, no matter how small.  Switch a couple of pillows, or turn a rug the other way.  Just make sure you enjoy the endeavour!

Now I shall attempt to add a couple of pics.  Its always iffy here on blogspot.  Have a great week, stay safe and noodle!  TTYL


MY BEAUTIFUL ROSES FROM PAT



MY CHEATINGLY EASY PIECE OF ART

IT MATCHED MY OTHER STUFF ON MY COFFEE TABLE

ITS A START...THIS TOOK ME AN HOUR.  MY EYES ARE SO BAD IT MAKES IT A REAL CHORE.  BUT I DON'T MIND












No comments:

Post a Comment