Monday, February 1, 2021

MUSIC OR PEOPLE

 Isn't it funny how you super like or super dislike people or music....for no obvious reason?  I was awake in the night last night thinking about that.  Like...why....why can I not stand Marley Matlin?  There is absolutely no good reason to not like her.  And why do I hate jazz.  There is the occasional bit I can tolerate but otherwise it simply disturbs my being.

Anyway, it's been another predictable, nothing to report couple of days.  I have had some amazing visits with both the boys.  Peter leaves on Friday.  Monte and I are driving him back to Victoria.  He needs to get back to work.  This is kind of awful.  We are going to miss him so much.  He is such a calming presence and such a good friend to Monte, and me.  The last time we took him down it felt like it was the right thing to be doing...good for him.  So we dropped him off, felt really sad but knew it was good in the end.  But this time I don't think we are feeling that way.  Thank goodness he knows we will be there in a New York second to bring him back if necessary.

I bought some artwork off Etsy.  I love their stuff.  Some of it is super expensive, some not.  And if you click the free shipping button you will only see the stuff that ships free.  I will put some pics at the end here and show some of the stuff I bought.

So there has been some response to the 2021 challenges!  Tanya made pie and curried lentils.  Arnie made tiki masala and brownies!  She sent pics of her masala.  I made the brownies with walnuts in them (shovel list) and I made the Russian cabbage casserole!  Best tasting stuff I think I have made in years.  Right from the first bite it was beyond delicious!

I also made something else yesterday that had nothing to do with the challenge. I had a couple of Pillsbury crescent roll rolls.  So I made these: (no pics) in most of them I put a slice of cheddar, a slice of pepperoni and a lengthwise chunk of cooked beet.  In Peter's I didn't put the pepperoni in.  They were soooo damned good!!!  Beets just go in everything! Tonight its sloppy joe's.  I bought Bob's Red Mill soy protein pieces.  I will be making Peter's with that.  Monte is picking up Manwich in a can for his!

So here we go............the next TWO CHALLENGES

1.  Get Uber Eats or similar, to deliver one meal to your home this week.  Now if you are like us this will be one of the simple challenges she talks about. But if you are like,  you know who you are, it probably will be a skipped challenged...which is perfectly okay!

2.  Do not eat meat for one solid week, try to save the world, one meal at at time.  Now for some of you that will be a piece of cake, well not literally cake.  Hahaha!  Or maybe literally a piece of cake, thats okay.  It's covid time...anything goes!  So you meat eaters out there...are you up for it??!!  I think I will start tonight.  Veggie ladywich here I come!

So there you go.  Pretty easy couple of challenges I think.  Let me know how it goes!

Stay safe and Noodle as much as you can.  In fact, given the new strains, double noodle!  TTYL



MY BROWNIES

THE RUSSIAN CABBAGE PIE CASSEROLE MMMMM

ONE OF MY PICS

GLUED ON ROCKS....LOVE IT

I LOVE THIS ONE

SPOD AND I WATCHING THE SUNSET IN MAUI


No comments:

Post a Comment