Tuesday, February 9, 2021

OOPS!!! DID IT AGAIN!

Trudeau likeMagic Mike Sharri!!!???  Hahaha!  There are a few Canadians that would object to that comparison!!!  He isn't overly liked by a lot of people.  But I will say he sure is a damned sight better than your last president!  Trump was a true gong show...still is by the looks of it.  How horribly embarrassing...even for us as neighbours to him!  LOL!!!

 I am always on the wrong date.  I could have sworn today was Monday!  I don't know what happened to yesterday.  If there is anything that I can say has definitely happened since covid is that I cannot keep my days straight.  One day is just like the next and the one before.  Sigh.

Monte and I have decided to eat a little more mindfully.  For me its way less meat or no meat and for him its no empty carbs.  He tries to stick pretty strictly to paleo.  I am having a hard time getting Atkins out of my head.  Atkins doesn't work if you aren't eating meat!  Hahaha!!  And Atkins is all I have ever done...quite successfully, over the years.  But now I can't eat meat without getting pukey so its a new way of eating for me.  Diet bloggers call that WOE.  Ironic.  

With all that health in mind(fullness), we headed to No Frills yesterday.  And Monte...holy Hannah!!!  he turns into a totally different person whilst shopping!!!  He almost gets giddy and starts chucking things gleefully into the shopping cart.  If I say Hold It Hold It!!!! this costs money Mister...he immediately offers to pay for it or at least half!  Sheesh!!!!  In goes ham, sausage, cheeses, diet juices, hamburger, vegetables..never fruit though.  He just doesn't eat fruit.  And he is all hyper and talky and just plain bouncy happy.  I do believe he has all the makings of a shopaholic, a seriously happy one.  Well I can say it was fun.  I NEVER go shopping...this was a once in a long while event for me.  I was simply going in for lettuces and came out with a loaded buggy.

So how did you folks do this week with the challenges?  Not eating meat isn't much of a challenge for me.  Nor was the ordering food in.  We do that fairly frequently.  I'd say sushi is our most ordered food and Chinese second and pizza third.  I do not like pizza.  The Chinese food in this town is so predictable and tasteless. I am used to the Chinese food I used to get from my fave spot in Kamloops.  It was unusual dishes and they all tasted distinctly different.  The stuff here all tastes the same and I can't stand the smell in the fridge the next day from the leftovers.

Well this week's challenges might be a wee bit difficult.  

5.  Create a piece of art for your house.  Oh boy.  That should be interesting.  The person making this list suggested paint by number.  I am ordering one.  I found a fantastic different, more folk arty, site and am going to try to buy one again.  The last one never arrived.  It was coming from Hong Kong.  This one is also coming from China but its only 25 bucks so I am going to risk it again. I will put some example pics below.  But that doesn't solve making art this week.  I have rocks and a glue gun.  What more does one need I ask!?  I will take a pic of the creation and post it next week....unless I fail.  Which is a distinct possibility!!!

6.  Create a new cocktail drink.  Oh jeez!  Whatever I make it is going to have to involve Fireball.  I think Monte has cleaned me out of all my other alcohol choices...like my pineapple vodka, coffee flavoured rum, vermouth and maybe other stuff I don't remember.  I don't really drink so the one I make might be awful.  I would test it on Monte but he will drink anything.  Clearly.  Not a good judge there.

Let me know what you folks make and send me pics of your art.  I won't put it on here unless you give me permission...I promise!

Stay safe and noodle!  TTYL










2 comments:

  1. I don't think I even thought about how Trudeau governs, LOL. He is just easy on the eyes. The Magic Mike reference due to a bit of a resemblance he has to Joe Manganiello..:-). Meanwhile Trump's team is so far being lambasted by the Impeachment Manager and I am enjoying every second of it. I have no artistic ability but I will make an effort for the art challenge. Michael loves the grocery store...or any shopping....I detest it. I get in, get what I need and leave. Amazon is my friend. Who did the paintings you shared?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does painting myself a bookmark count? It said for the house and my book is in my house......so I'm thinking that counts :)

    ReplyDelete