Sunday, July 27, 2014

ALL THE NEIGHBOURS CATS AND DOGS

Does anyone remember that song?  Jonny Rebeck and his sausage making machine…all the neighbours cats and dogs were never more to be seen.  They all ended up in Jonny Rebeck's sausage making machine.  Silly song.

Aryn came over here on Thursday, the same day we returned.  She was determined to make sausages, using my Kitchen Aid machine I got for Christmas.  She had given me the attachment and I purchased the meat grinder part.  Unfortunately I got violently ill that night and by Fri morning I thought I was going to die.  

We headed out to a local butcher, an amazing one I might add, and bought ground lamb, pork sausage meat, suet and casing.  We stopped at the Millstream Market on the way home and picked up spices and herbs and such.  I don't remember much of that part.  As soon as I got home I sunk into my chair and passed out.  Poor Arnie!  At one point she was standing in the living room with Spod on one side, snoring, and me on the other, snoring.  Such an exciting trip home!

I felt much better today when I got up.  We hauled out the mixer and got it all set up.  We mixed up the meats and fat and spices, cooled it all off (the most important part we found out) and got started. I have to say, this was probably the most erotic and/or suggestively 'dirty' activity I have ever been involved in pertaining to food!!  The whole process and what we were doing evoked some pretty odd images!  We were pretty successful I might add…for a first time around.  We fried up a couple after we were finished and they were absolutely delicious!  Pic to follow.

Later on we had friends of Aryn's and now ours, over for dinner.  What a delightful couple.  Honestly, the time just flew by!  We made ribs, salmon, corn on the cob and watermelon salad for dinner and ate out on the deck.  We sat out there visiting until it was too dark to even see each other.  A totally wonderful evening.

And now its the middle of the night, I can't sleep for some reason so thought I would catch up here. Aryn goes home this morning.  I think I will finish cleaning out our walk in closet.  Yay!!  So much fun!  TTYL    PS:  Yet again I forgot this week's challenge.  This week she says to eat like our Grammas did…just until you are full and only foods that would have been available 80 years ago.  So no chef ravioli or cheese in a tube people!!!
THIS IS WHERE WE LEARNED THE STUFF HAS TO BE ALMOST FROZEN TO WORK


WE SOLICITED SPOD'S HELP…FOR ABOUT TWO MINUTES


RUDE LOOKING THINGS!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! There is no end to the unsuitable comments that are floating around in my head after seeing that last picture, lol.

    ReplyDelete