Wednesday, July 30, 2014

MY LIFE IS TOO HUMDRUM TO POST EVERYDAY

I would love to post everyday…I love to write and tell stories and expose vulnerable people etc…but my life is so boring and uneventful I am afraid I will bore everyone into a corner.    In the last few days I have been sick.  Other than a couple of forays out into Langford, and onto the back deck for dinners and into my stinky kitchen, I have done nothing but sit in my purple room, coughing up a lung or two.  And it isn't like I don't have a ton to do…I need to pick out every piece of my kitchen to be built, I need to go through a 14 inch stack of mail, including overdue bills, I have to finish clearing out my horribly messy walk in closet, I have to pick out every little piece of my new bathroom to be, plus a whole bunch more crap.  (shovel list times ten)

So, this week's challenge.  It's the most ridiculous one so far.  Here it is:  Get rid of the dust in your house.  Dust is bad.  And I am going to list just a few of the suggestions on how to do this:
1.  Replace all your upholstered furniture with leather, metal or wood.
2.  Replace any curtains with either metal, plastic or wooden blinds.
3.  Redo all your carpeted floors with tile, wood or lino.
4.  Wrap your mattresses in airtight plastic.
5.  Seal all windows and doors.

So, this now brings me to OCD.  I am beginning to suspect that the author of this book is either OCD, or, she was simply fleshing out the fifty two challenges to sell a book.  But did I mention that I got this book from an awesome website that offers either low cost or free ebooks…in an email everyday.  This gem was free.  So if she isn't making much money that leads me to the other choice…OCDism.  Kind of reminds me of Dr. Oz, a show I stopped watching a loooong time ago.  I would love to go back one year, everyday at the end of the show write down his recommendations and just see how much of your time, dollars and stomach would be sucked up trying to follow it all.  

I guess the next thing on the horizon for Spod and me is booting that old lady out of that house in Nanaimo.  She will probably be gone…at least I hope so.  Its just so much work and messy when people leave their stuff behind (and themselves).  And given that I have just had to fork out another bunch of money to cover the utilities on the place, I want to punch someone.  Should be interesting.  Its a cute house frankly just in a really bad part of Nanaimo.  Kind of like Monte's place.

Speaking of which, Monte arrived on our doorstep unexpectedly yesterday!  I made a massive amount of mac and cheese for dinner the other night.  I sent a couple of zip lock bags home with Emily but there were still four bags in the fridge/freezer. Well needless to say he made short shrift of them!!!  I love living close enough for a drop in visit to happen.  He is staying until tomorrow or possibly he will travel up behind us to Nanaimo and give us a hand changing locks etc.  We will have to see how much junk there will be left in the house and on the property, decide how to get rid of it and then do we sell? or do we rent?  I guess we will take the truck, and get familiar with where the nearest dump is.  Here we go again….

I have no new pics so I hopped back as far as I could go looking for some randoms.  May not be so interesting.  I took these shots on the way out of St Petersburg, Russia.  I was told it is an old abandoned Navy base of some sort.  It was a  at that golden part of the evening, a photographer's (not that that is what I am) fave time to shoot pics. The ship was moving slow enough so the pics weren't fuzzy.  TTYL!!






















No comments:

Post a Comment