Thursday, July 31, 2014

SPOD PRODS

I have to clarify here…it isn't just Spod.  Monte needs to make some extra money for a particular piece of recording equipment.  I have a horrible closet that is in complete disarray and needing some heavy duty cleaning, lifting and organizing.  These two things go well together.  Last night just before he went to bed I asked if he would like to work for me this morning and earn some bucks to put towards his purchase.  Yes!! he says.  It is now eleven oclock and where is he?  I even phoned at nine and talked to him and 'I'm soooo tired…"  To hell with it.  I will do this myself and he can suck eggs for extra cash.  And I have a huge guilt trip all ready to lay the moment he does deign to come upstairs.

As for Spod.  The only thing I need him to do, and have been prodding him for over a week now, is to transfer his clothes (and there aren't many) from the shelves to a plastic container.  I have already taken all his hanging clothes and packed them neatly away.  He just simply does not do it.

I see him sitting there on his laptop…almost 24/7. I will ask, 'Are you going to pack those clothes?'  He always says Yes Yes…soon.  All week.  Today I am mad.  So after Monte so rudely reneged on his offer, I stomped into the bedroom and did all I can do until Spod does his thing.  And where is he?  At the table, on his frigging laptop.  So I ask him again  "I need it done NOW!!"  Oh okay.  He gets up and actually goes in the bedroom.  I tell him where his container is in the garage and tell him I am waiting until its all done.

  A little while later he shows up at my door with the wok in his hands.  What???  "I am going to put this in the garage" he states.  First of all why is he putting kitchen stuff away and why would he suggest putting the most used thing in my kitchen out in the garage?  I explode…NO NO NO!!  I use it all the time and if you just BEND OVER it can be put away easily.  And have you put all your stuff in a container yet?  Of course not.  All he did was get dressed, came right out to the kitchen and started to fuss around.  

I must admit I don't get it.  I thought everybody just planted a picture of the finished chore in their head then ploughed forward until the reality matched that mental image.  Clearly not.  At least clearly the men in my house don't.  Now I can hear Spod clanking around in the garage.  Sigh.  TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment