Saturday, July 19, 2014

JUST SAY NO

Yup!!  That was this week's challenge that I forgot to post on Monday.  Sorry to those that are actually interested.  The whole chapter is about how saying no to doing things isn't selfish and people will understand (no they won't) and do yourself a favour and don't load your life up to the point of cracking.  So…there you go.

The last few days have been quite pleasant.  Its nice how this house stays clean and not messy.  I now and then have to prod Spod (thats what we call it now, not nagging but Spod prods) to clean up behind himself.  He is a dropsy…drops stuff just anywhere.  He does seem to be getting better though.

We have forayed out occasionally for specific items.  I needed a proper table cloth for outside, which I happily found.  I took a pic and its at the bottom.  We had our dear friend Heather from Bamfield in for a dinner and catch up.  I bbq'ed lamb chops, but I am still getting intimate with that monster on the deck and they got a tad overdone.  I marinated them all day in brown sugar, dijon mustard and a vicious mint sauce.  Even overdone they were delicious.  But I think the star of the dinner was the watermelon salad..holy cats it was good.  You know when you take a bite, expecting the normal flavours, but you suddenly get surprised by how amazing it is?  That is what that salad was.  By far the best one I have ever made.  I think Heather was a little trepaditious (sp?) as she hadn't had watermelon salad before and she was pretty shocked at how good it was!  We had such a good time and it was so great to see her.

Now I am getting ready for our trip to Vancouver next week.  Our usual hotel was booked so now we are booked into the Holiday Inn…which is good and all but stupidly expensive…for what you get.  They used to give you breakfast but now you have to pay.  The upside is it is right near the kennel and April and Myles.  Aryn, Bradley, April and Myles are meeting us for dinner somewhere on Wed. nite!  On Thursday on our way home we are picking up April and Aryn.  They are coming home with us!!!  Aryn will be here all the way to Sunday.  First though we are stopping at Ikea to look at kitchens.  Some final decisions have to be made.

Now onto the day.  Not sure what we are up to today.  Its stormy and windy out…a welcome change to that suffocating heat.  Sorry for the sad sack collection of pics in this post.  TTYL
AS I WAS WALKING OUT OF A FAT LADY STORE THIS PIC IN THE WINDOW CAUGHT MY EYE…IS IT JUST ME OR DOES THIS PIC NOT LOOK……RIGHT AT A FIRST GLANCE?


SERIOUSLY!    THERE ARE MORE BUGGIES HERE THAN THE POPULATION OF LANGFORD!

FOR LACK OF PICS TO SHOW YOU GUYS I ADDED THIS ONE…MY NEW TABLE LINENS

SOME WILLY TIME

No comments:

Post a Comment