Monday, June 20, 2016

I BEAT MY DEADLINE!!!

Well that was a slice, no pun intended.  I don't remember much about Friday.  I just know that my blood pressure tanked and I had an assigned nurse sitting at my head all day.  Nothing would bring it up.  All I remember is being super duper hungry.

My pressure didn't come up from 54 over 31 to 99 over 64 til that night.  So they kept me in recovery.  And recovery is really quiet on weekends.  All they had were a couple of emergencies and a couple of kidney stones.  So I got four nurses waiting on me hand and foot.  They just kept me there and never did send me up to a ward room. And I finally got food...and it was way better than I expected.  Sat. afternoon I got dressed and went downstairs with Monte for coffee.  Kathy and Emily visited on Friday and Kathy and Kerry on Sat. night.  I had a great time!  I was taking oxy so I was REALLY having a good time!!

I talked to the dr when he came in on Sat. and he decided to send me home on Sunday!  So Monte picked me up around ten on Sunday morning and I came home!  I got a script for some kind of tylenol pain killer that helps a little but I gotta say, it hurts like hell.  How four little holes can hurt my whole insides is beyond me!  Oh well, I know from experience it gets better fast.  I have to make sure I don't do too much.  I sure have some dandy bruises I must say!

The Doctor did say that what they removed was pretty big.  Its been sent off to pathology and he said he wouldn't be surprised if some of it is cancerous.  But even if it is, he took a huge portion of large intestine out, exactly what they would have done if they had known for sure it was cancer.  So I am not really worried and neither is he.  But if my doc had not sent me off for a colonoscopy, I would maybe not be here down the road.  I must go and tell him and thank him for that.

But all in all it was a really good and friendly experience.  As usual the nurses were truly amazing.  I can't believe how much they care and how hard they work.  I can't say enough about them.  I do believe a big cadbury box of chocolates is going to wing Recovery's way!

I shall report more tomorrow.TTYL


1 comment:

  1. I am so relieved you are recovering. I wanted to ask why you were in the hospital but I didn't want to sound rude and nosy, lol. I hope your recovery is swift and complete!

    ReplyDelete