Friday, June 3, 2016

THINGS HAVE CHANGED

I have had lots of operations in my life.  Caesarians, tumour, reductions, cut thumb off by accident, and when its time you go in, you get gowned, wait in the waiting room and in you go.  Now, jeez...I got a call on Tuesday.  They made a three hour appointment (which is longer than my operation will be I am sure) for me next Monday morning at an ungodly hour.  I asked her what the heck they would be doing.  She said that they go through my health history, again, this will be the third time now.  Go through my list of pills and supplements, again, the third time.  And I get to meet the ...lets see if I can spell this the first time around..the anesthesiologist.  Nope.  I shall go back and correct it. Okay there isn't a correction.

  I also had to drop everything and go straight into the lab for blood tests....I asked what the tests were and they were all the same ones I had a few weeks ago.  No wonder our health costs are through the roof.  They never used to do this. 

 And they put a wrist band on me that I have to wear til I leave the hospital after the operation...which isn't until the 17th.  Its already looking beat up.

Well today is the day!!!!  Retreat time!!!  I don't think people understand just how much fun we have at these bashes.  And eat....we eat til we burst..everyone brings there bestest and favouritest stuff.  I don't know everything thats coming but here is a partial list:  pulled pork, coleslaw, curried meatballs, breakfast casserole, cupcakes, potato salad, hot dogs, meat skewers, veggies, spiralizer fun, bacon/eggs, apricot jam (a real treat...who actually goes out and buys apricot jam!!!), banana bread and on and on!  And booze.  Lots and lots of booze!  Games, every conceivable rude game we can find.  Ahhhhh...so much fun!

I now need to go and finish packing.  Thank goodness Kathy has a big van.  Not only am I taking food, but I am also taking all the condiments, coffee pots, sharper knife than they have, Molly etc....two coolers etc... and when we come back we need to add all of Emily's coming home stuff!  Thank goodness for my sister and Kerry.  Not only did they get a super handy huge vehicle, but they also bought a beautiful huge house that fits all the returnees and extended rellies when needed. 

I forgot to mention...Austin came over last night for an awesome long visit.  We haven't seen him since he left for Korea to teach English Literature months and months ago.  It was so good to see him and hear his stories.  I just love that guy...he is so quirky and introspective and fun and honest.  All qualities we love.  Gotta bounce!  I shall post disgusting and hilarious pics on Monday!!!  TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment